Lawton, OK
Before care: Yes

Posted April 18, 2014
My son has attended St. Mary s kindergarten class for the past school year, and we have been very impressed with the academic strides he has accomplished. The teacher challenges her class, and they have risen to her standards. We love the small class sizes and the one-on-one attention they allow. The school offers twice weekly physical education, library, and art classes, as well as once-per-week Spanish and technology classes. My son LOVES these specialty classes, and all of the specialty teachers are engaging and fun. Students attend Mass once per week, learning the Catholic prayers and blessings in class. The administration is very supportive, and my husband and I have been very thankful as they have gone above and beyond our expectations during an ongoing health issue with our son. The school leaders are very good at communicating with the parents through email and phone messages, and I like that parents are encouraged to walk their children into the school and volunteer regularly, therefore encouraging parental interaction with each other and the staff. Also, with locked doors and a video security system, I feel like my son is as safe. This is a wonderful school!

Posted October 24, 2012
I have read some comments here and I can give my word that St. Mary's PreK and Kinder are constantly challenged with learning experiences including moving to different classrooms and participating in weekly mass. The mass is for the community but the emphasis is in teaching the children how to participate including singing, it sound like angels when they do. They all have Spanish, Technology, Art and Physical Education enrichment classes. They are not sitting all day. They do have 2-3 times of recess during the day including quiet time or short nap. They also participate in all school activities and do plenty of hands on activities. As a parent I have experienced being a volunteer there and I have seen their routine more than twice a week.

Posted September 25, 2012
I absolutely would recommend St. Marys, and I do quite often. I have nothing but praise for the staff and parents of this school. There is always great support and involvement. It is a welcoming, close-knit community. Small, but resourceful. My child has been attending since we moved here in 2009 and is now part of the high school program. I am thankful everyday for the hard work that led to the high school option once again at St. Marys. It's an unrivaled education and prepares each student for success.

Posted May 23, 2012
Very dedicated teaching staff which enjoys great student/teacher ratios in all grades. Has a surprising amount of technology resources for a smaller school. Lots of parent involvment and support.

Posted April 10, 2012
Great School! We are Military and we love this school. Excellent academic program and wonderful teaching staff.

St. Mary's Catholic School 3

Posted April 09, 2011
St. Mary's has a small student to teacher ratio. Our experience was with the pre-K and Kindergarten programs. The children spent all day sitting, with only one 15 minute recess. We have since moved to another state, and have found to our dismay that our child is severely behind in reading. The math curriculum was good, as was science and social studies. Homework took up too much of our family time. St. Mary's needs more tactile and hands-on instruction as well as collaborative projects and less worksheets and rote memorization. The school's weekly 'kids' mass was just a regular mass, with the sermon worded on an adult level, and the kids were not even allowed to take communion. It seemed more like a church deterrent than an opportunity for the kids to worship God. When we left St. Mary's and Oklahoma, our child didn't like school and hated church. Since arriving in Washington state, she likes school again and loves attending church. We have seen her go back to the God-loving little girl that we know and love. If you are military, I would suggest the school on post. We heard nothing but good things about it. We would not enroll our kids at St. Mary's again.

Posted November 14, 2009
I am so impressed with St. Marys. The teachers are very caring and they challenge the children to do their very best. I am especially grateful for the leadership from the new principal. He has a wide background of knowledge and leadership. He has made some very positive changes in the school, both from a physical standpoint and he has brought a warm atmosphere through his gentle manner. Mr. Dulcamara is a principal with vision for the future. He is very focused on bringing state of the art technology to St. Marys. This school is the best alternative to public school. The teachers are certified, and the school is accredited.

Posted November 13, 2009
This is my second year teaching at St. Mary's. As a new teacher, the other staff members have given me a great deal of support and guidance. I look forward to coming to work every day. I have a great group of students to work with, in a Christian atmosphere. Our new principal and secretary are joys to work with, and take the security of the school and our students very seriously. I would recommend St. Mary's to anyone.

Posted November 13, 2009
I have been a parent at St. Mary's for over 10 years. My children have always received an excellent education in areas of live educational, emotional, and spiritual. Since I have been associated with have had three principals. Our current principal in my opinion is doing an excellent job. He only wants what is best for our students and sometimes change is not only necessary, but on opportunity. I suggest that anyone who is interested in private education in Lawton should stop by St. Mary's and see not only the only state certified school, but the best school.

St. Mary's Catholic School 0

Posted August 23, 2009
This school year begins the fifth year my famy has been involved with St. Mary's. School began only a few days ago and the new teachers are as fantastic as the returning staff. The leadership that former principal John Mizelle showed during his five years there was amazing. He was a dedicated leader with his heart always focused on the children. The new leadership at St. Mary's has implemented many changes already. The family atmosphere has been challenged. Any new parent should seek to be welcomed by other families rather than the Administration. They are now all business. It's still the beet school Lawton has to offer, but it was better.

St. Mary's Catholic School
611 SW A Ave, Lawton, OK  73501
Last modified St. Mary's Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
St. Mary's Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top