Union Baptist Christian Academy 0

Posted April 07, 2010
I am a former student of UBCA and I also hated the school. Th eteachers were mean and the school lacked money so I think that is why the food was so gross. The building was old at first and it was not organized. Other than that I learned African-American history and great songs.

Posted November 05, 2007
When my daughter was 4, I enrolled her at Union Baptist because this was the only school at the time that had a full time Pre-K program. During her attendace, she learned to write her name, read over 200 sight words.

Posted April 06, 2007
Before Union Baptist Christian School of Lawton, my son had attended other private Christian based schools. His reading and math skills were not reflective of such, until our experience with the staff of Union Baptist. My child had improved 2 reading levels in his first two months of attendance. I strongly recommend this school to every military family in the Lawton/FT. Sill area.

Union Baptist Christian Academy 2

Posted October 08, 2006
- a former student
Personally, I think this school is awful. I, myself attended this school. I didn't see what was so horrible about the school when I attended. But, now I do. The food was disgusting. The administrators were mean and rude most of the time. Especially the teachers. But this is just my opinion. Also, good music, art, and physical education programs are definitely out of the question. All around the school is horrible.

Union Baptist Christian Academy 4

Posted August 16, 2006
We have been with UBCA for six years. I use the term 'we' because this school is very family oriented. My daughter has been attending UBCA since the age of four and I have been a very active parent along with the many other very active parents for the same amount of time and have enjoyed every minute of it. I am very satisfied with the level of intelligence, respect, courtesy, and education that my child has acquired while attending UBCA. There is no other place that I would rather be.

Posted November 08, 2005
I think this is the best school in Lawton. If it had a high school curriculum my son would still be there. I have seen kindergardeners reading books 3-6 months after starting school at Union Baptist. They have a strong math curriculum. The teachers and administration are former Lawton public school teachers, with a love for teaching and for the students. The atmosphere reminds me of my days as a young student at Dunbar Elementary.

Posted September 08, 2005
this is the best elementry school there is i have 2 daughters that have been going there for 4 years and they are honor roll students. The teachers are the best they get a lot of one on one time from the teachers and they are also encouraged to go to college. they help them academically and emotionally for the public schools to be out by there seves. my kids have improved alot in their work from the teachers. the teachers do care alot about their students.i wouldnt take my kids anywhere else but here. i give this school a perfect score on teaching. the teachers are the best in this city never seen any teachers care as much as they do.

Union Baptist Christian Academy 3

Posted May 18, 2005
I truly can say that this is a bad example of a Christian school. I have never met an administration so rude, unprofessional, and verbally abusive in all my days. I saw the signs in the beginning and I ignored them. I would not recomend this school to no one except those who have problem children. This school is lacking a good physical education program, art program, and computer lab. I have personally witness the administrator gossip about other parents. Academically, because of the wonderful teachers, their work is outstanding, I rate them an A plus, that is if you can endure the administration's attitudes. Several parents have left because of this problem and also teachers, good ones. This is my children last year and I refuse to look back, I will try every private school in Lawton before I even think of returning.

Union Baptist Christian Academy
1531 S Charles W Whitlow St, Lawton, OK  73501
Last modified Union Baptist Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Union Baptist Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top