School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Lawton Academy is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges/AdvancEd
January 27, 2015

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 27, 2015

Posted January 21, 2015
I am so impressed with this school! The MathCounts team competed against both Elgin and Tomlinson, and 5 other schools from the local area in a mock competition at OSSM recently. Our middle school team was very advanced compared to these schools who have a much larger student population to pull from. Our school consistently scores high on the ACT, showing ALL of our graduating students are ready for college algebra and college English, and they are also higher in state averages in college social studies, and college biology by 25%-45%. My child in 7th grade was learning things in science this year I didn't learn until I was a junior in high school while taking chemistry, and I went to high school in a state very well known for their high educational standards. Yes, they do indeed teach both chemistry and physics here. This school is challenging, and with the small class size they get individualized attention. I love how they balance their course work with music, art, and encourage public speaking, and performances. A very challenging, and well rounded school!

Posted January 15, 2015
I would like to THANK every Teacher and staff memeber in LAAS! This school and everyone involved go above and beyond for each student! This is a school however we are also a family! My son not only getting an outstanding education he is also learning personal responsability, humanity, kindess and love for his fellow man. The Teachers at LAAS are genuine, they care about each and every student, they know these kids and take the time with them. I tell everyone about this wonderful school! Your child and/or children will be challenged, and will be prepared not only for college but for life! As a single mother, I am so grateful that my son has this school and the staff to confide in and talk to. All of you are OUTSTANDING! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You are all one of a kind!

Lawton Academy of Arts and Sciences 2

Posted June 02, 2014
This is a great elementary school. It is a good environment for gifted young students who need to be challenged in grade school. The elementary staff is excellent, and the curriculum is better than most elementary schools. However, if you are considering LAAS for middle or high school, think carefully. LAAS doesn't have the financial support to hire qualified teachers for middle/high school. Students graduate from LAAS without calculus and physics. They are not exposed to chemistry/physics labs. The English and literature courses at LAAS are excellent, but if your child desires to be challenged in math and science, perhaps you should consider a school that will offer extensive math/science opportunities (such as Eisenhower). Nonetheless, the small environment at LAAS was great for my kids. Students grow close to each other and it's easy to fit in. The teachers are caring, but the school's financial situation doesn't support the middle/high schools' needs.

Posted April 27, 2013
This school has been fantastic form me for the nine years I've been there. It has pushed me to be the best I can be and it is still improving who I am as a person. So many opportunities are presented in this school such as MathCounts, FutureCities, Solo and Ennsemble contests, Knowledge Master Open Tests, Tournament of Champions, and many more. This school is the best in Lawton and the people that I have seen graduate have gone on to do amazing things. If you are planning to move to Lawton or to another area near Lawton dont hesitate to put your child in this school because they will have an amazing future after going through it. I know this because my chances of succeeding in life have been multiplied by 100 and I now have an even greater drive to suceed and learn. Thank you so much LAAS you have helped me so many times throughout the years. Also thanks to the amazing faculty who have helped me become a well rounded successful person and who will help me later on in life too.

Posted May 22, 2012
Best school in Lawton, OK. The Adminstration and Faculty members are awesome. Best parents or should I say family ever. The curriculum that is used is the best I've seen in a long time. 2011-2012 test scores were off the charts. Would not have my kids go anywhere else. Love it......love it.....love it. To the entire staff, thank you. Don't know what we would do without you all. Such a hard working and dedicated staff.

Posted March 04, 2011
LAAS is definitely Lawton's hidden gem. We absolutely love this school. My daughter entered second grade this year, and she has blossomed and excelled. She's so happy to go to school everyday, and enjoys doing her projects and homework. The teacher pays individual attention to each child, and gives them extra work according to each child's ability. This is absolutely the best school, we're so lucky, and thank you Mrs Johnson for your dedication to education.

Posted February 14, 2011
I have been really impressed with the school. My daughter has made excellent progress. The school creates a warm, academically enriched environment. I am very happy with the school.

Posted January 10, 2011
I would like to take this moment in time to say THANK YOU to MRS. and MR. Johnson for starting this school and believing in every child that has walked the hallways at LAAS! This is not only a wonderful school, it is also a healthy enviornment for the kids, teachers and parents! Our son has been in LAAS since kindergarten and is now in the fourth grade! He loves school and is very happy. Thank you to all the teachers who stay late and/or come in early! Thank you for all the extras that this school provides! We plan to stay here in Lawton because of this school! Thank you to all the families at LAAS!!

Posted June 25, 2010
We are so fortunate to have found LAAS. The classes are small, so my daughter gets individual attention when she needs it. The teachers push the children to excel in their academics, and my pre-teen child had no problem fitting in the very first year she arrived. Traditional learning is emphasized there, which we like because IT WORKS! My child made great leaps in her academic progress, and we owe it to Lawton Academy.

Lawton Academy of Arts and Sciences
1911 NW 72, Lawton, OK  73505
(580) 536-1900
Last modified Lawton Academy of Arts and Sciences is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lawton Academy of Arts and Sciences Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top