Lawton, OK
Before care: Yes

Lawton Academy of Arts and Sciences 2

Posted June 02, 2014
This is a great elementary school. It is a good environment for gifted young students who need to be challenged in grade school. The elementary staff is excellent, and the curriculum is better than most elementary schools. However, if you are considering LAAS for middle or high school, think carefully. LAAS doesn't have the financial support to hire qualified teachers for middle/high school. Students graduate from LAAS without calculus and physics. They are not exposed to chemistry/physics labs. The English and literature courses at LAAS are excellent, but if your child desires to be challenged in math and science, perhaps you should consider a school that will offer extensive math/science opportunities (such as Eisenhower). Nonetheless, the small environment at LAAS was great for my kids. Students grow close to each other and it's easy to fit in. The teachers are caring, but the school's financial situation doesn't support the middle/high schools' needs.

Posted April 27, 2013
This school has been fantastic form me for the nine years I've been there. It has pushed me to be the best I can be and it is still improving who I am as a person. So many opportunities are presented in this school such as MathCounts, FutureCities, Solo and Ennsemble contests, Knowledge Master Open Tests, Tournament of Champions, and many more. This school is the best in Lawton and the people that I have seen graduate have gone on to do amazing things. If you are planning to move to Lawton or to another area near Lawton dont hesitate to put your child in this school because they will have an amazing future after going through it. I know this because my chances of succeeding in life have been multiplied by 100 and I now have an even greater drive to suceed and learn. Thank you so much LAAS you have helped me so many times throughout the years. Also thanks to the amazing faculty who have helped me become a well rounded successful person and who will help me later on in life too.

Posted January 16, 2013
We are military, and have decided to retire in this area because of this school. Yes, it is THAT good! The teachers my children have this year are the absolute best! My daughter (4th grade) is being challenged in ways that I thank God for every day. For the first time in her life she is not bored in school, or looked at as a freak. My son's (2nd grade) teacher is just the teacher he needs to excel. She is able to get him to pay attention, and learn, a feat I really admire her for. Both kids come home excited about learning, which I absolutely love. This school has instilled in my children a passion for learning musical instruments. It is wonderful to see them excited about playing music. LAAS also offers fantastic extracurricular activities after school including chess club, archery, and robotics (to name a few) for the elementary school. I absolutely love this school and highly recommend it! Best school ever!

Posted May 22, 2012
Best school in Lawton, OK. The Adminstration and Faculty members are awesome. Best parents or should I say family ever. The curriculum that is used is the best I've seen in a long time. 2011-2012 test scores were off the charts. Would not have my kids go anywhere else. Love it......love it.....love it. To the entire staff, thank you. Don't know what we would do without you all. Such a hard working and dedicated staff.

Posted March 04, 2011
LAAS is definitely Lawton's hidden gem. We absolutely love this school. My daughter entered second grade this year, and she has blossomed and excelled. She's so happy to go to school everyday, and enjoys doing her projects and homework. The teacher pays individual attention to each child, and gives them extra work according to each child's ability. This is absolutely the best school, we're so lucky, and thank you Mrs Johnson for your dedication to education.

Posted February 14, 2011
I have been really impressed with the school. My daughter has made excellent progress. The school creates a warm, academically enriched environment. I am very happy with the school.

Posted January 10, 2011
I would like to take this moment in time to say THANK YOU to MRS. and MR. Johnson for starting this school and believing in every child that has walked the hallways at LAAS! This is not only a wonderful school, it is also a healthy enviornment for the kids, teachers and parents! Our son has been in LAAS since kindergarten and is now in the fourth grade! He loves school and is very happy. Thank you to all the teachers who stay late and/or come in early! Thank you for all the extras that this school provides! We plan to stay here in Lawton because of this school! Thank you to all the families at LAAS!!

Posted June 25, 2010
We are so fortunate to have found LAAS. The classes are small, so my daughter gets individual attention when she needs it. The teachers push the children to excel in their academics, and my pre-teen child had no problem fitting in the very first year she arrived. Traditional learning is emphasized there, which we like because IT WORKS! My child made great leaps in her academic progress, and we owe it to Lawton Academy.

Posted July 09, 2009
Lawton Academy is definitely the best educational opportunity in the city! We moved to Lawton last year and after only 1 month in the public high school here we knew that there was no chance of an education in this system, and my daughter was MISERABLE! Then we found Lawton Academy. It was such a wonderful experience! They encourage students to be individuals and encourage free thought and expression. My daughter's grades here were the best they have ever been! I simply can't thank all of the teachers and staff enough! You are all AWSOME and we will miss you so much!

Posted June 30, 2009
If you're reading this, Mrs. Johnson, I want to thank you ( times infinity) for starting Lawton Academy. I've been at Lawton Academy since first grade; I'm going into seventh and I'm still there. It's a small school so you know just about everyone there. Since it's a small school, there's not many kids in your class, which is good because that means the teachers can get to know the different personalities of all the different students and help them in the ways they need help. The teachers also push you to do your best with your school work because if they don't, you'll eventually get used to doing everything the easy way and end up doing everything in life the easy way. To suceed, you need a good education and Lawton Academy of Arts and Sciences (LAAS for short) can give it to you.

Lawton Academy of Arts and Sciences
1911 NW 72, Lawton, OK  73505
(580) 536-1900
Last modified Lawton Academy of Arts and Sciences is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lawton Academy of Arts and Sciences Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top