Lawton, OK
After care: No

Posted April 03, 2014
Never seen a worse bullying situation in a school's that is so highly encouraged by the teachers, principals and other staff members. Military families beware. Military kids are treated as outsiders. The principals will pretend to listen to your concerns but nothing gets done or changed. For the families from the area originally I'm sure it's a better situation. If you send your child be sure to invest in therapy.

Posted August 10, 2013
MacArthur Has good Academics and Great Oklahoma Test Scores! Thank You Mr.Mattingly for Everything you do!

Posted May 17, 2013
The IEP teachers are poorly qualified.We had a great one last year in 5th grade.My child loved school last year and hates it this year because they made her classes so difficult and offered very little help.

Posted October 20, 2012
This school is great. My three kids went here and they loved the teachers. I felt that the teachers and staff were really focused on helping the kids achieve success.

Macarthur Middle School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
I really like their commitment to the students. These teachers really care.

Posted January 26, 2009
I've been here all 3 years and I've had a great time. My eight grade year all the teachers were very inter active and made sure we did all our work. I can still remember the first week as a 8th grader the first thing most of my teachers have said to us were we aren't here to treat you like children, we are getting you ready for highschool. Now as for the principles go, they just got on my nerves they cared more about how you looked. -we had a alot of skater kids then what you had to say and got on you for little things. But either then that, I'm glad to be graduating from this school this year. I've made two honors classes that I thought I would never get to be in that is AP English and Biology. Thank you mrs. fremin and Roberts.

Posted December 08, 2008
Awful. The bullying problem at this school is completely out-of-hand and a lot of the staff/ faculty looks the other way; especially if the people doing it are liked by the teachers. Some of the teachers and staff are excellent, but unfortunately the bad apples here at this school ruin the entire environment. There are a lot of cliques, worse than most middle schools, and we have seen our share of schools (we are a military family that has moved a lot and has 3 children). My child has always been in gifted and talented but since starting at this school my child has gotten behind their peers. We are considering private school even though it will hurt us financially. Central Middle School in Lawton is no better than Macarthur Middle School, as far as academics, teachers, staff, and extremely misbehaved children go.

Posted September 22, 2008
Great School, really cares about students educational needs. Very few issues with teachers or school leadership.

Posted August 14, 2008

Posted January 10, 2008

Macarthur Middle School
510 N.E. 45th, Lawton, OK  73507
Last modified Macarthur Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Macarthur Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top