Lawton, OK
Before care: Yes

Posted October 29, 2014
I have had 2 children in Flower Mound and for the record I am in the Flower Mound district unfortunately. My husband who is from the area lied and said it was the best in Lawton. Well if that's true I feel really sorry for Lawton's children. Teachers never call,write or address you in any way if there is a problem. But the principal will threaten to use a paddle on your child. Yes that is exactly what she did when I called for a meeting with her after getting no answers from the teachers.( I called leaving messages, and notes in my child's agenda) She blamed all lack of communication on me even though I could prove I had contacted the teacher with no answer then called my son down and told him she would use the paddle on the shelf in her office on him. At that point I ended the meeting speechless, and told her if she touched him I would file assault on her.

Posted August 18, 2014
Great school!!!! So glad my children were able to attend school here. Prepared them well for middle school.

Flower Mound Public School 3

Posted August 06, 2014
We too are a military family that actually live in the Flower Mound district. I too have had issues with the administration. I agree with the review about not being a military friendly school directed at only the principal and select few office workers. Both of my children had wonderful teachers thoughout the years. The cafeteria workers, secretary, librarian, teachers, aids to the bus driver have been wonderful. I think this school would thrive if it had a new principal to run it, that's my opinion. I believe that's where the frustration of some of the negative reviews are coming from.

Posted August 05, 2014
I totally disagree with the last post. We too are a military family and our last child just completed FMS and is heading to Middle School fully prepared to excel. Posts that are negative on this site are not about the children receiving poor education or not being ready for middle school and that makes sense as the site itself gives the school a 9 out of 10 in this area. The negative posts are all about ADULTS who can't seem to get along with other adults. GREAT NEWS for you adults that are so unhappy, the school district where you live, you know, the one you transferred your child out of because you wanted him/her to come to Flower Mound, still has to let your child attend. Looks like the last couple of negative comments were just posted in the last few days. School has not started yet. I suggest you take your child to your neighborhood school and be HAPPY. Our kids time in elementary school went by far too quickly and we were busy enjoying it. I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend any of their child's elementary years unhappy with a school they CHOSE to move to. Move back to the neighborhood school and be HAPPY!

Posted August 05, 2014
Flower Mound school is an average school when it comes to teachers, you either get a good one or a terrible one. The principal is unethical, and unprofessional. If you never have an issue with her or the staff you may believe this is a wonderful school. Once you have any issue she will show her true colors. I used to be involved with volunteering in the classrooms, field trips, and extra activities until I felt like I was being used for free labor. We are a military family, Flower Mound is not a military friendly school. I had a friend's husband have the general called on him for a disagreement with a staff member(after being asked for help). The principal didn't even get his side of the story before trying to ruin his familes livelyhood. She and the staff member embellished the details of dissagreement to be spiteful. Thankfully they were unsuccessful so be warned if your a military family. I would not recommend this school to anyone it needs new leadership an a new building.

Flower Mound Public School 2

Posted August 04, 2014
The school environment is highly cliquish, competitive, and socially exclusive. Based on my observations, the PTA runs the school and all extracurricular activities. The administration appears to be bulldozed by a select group of parents who, according to one father, are part of Lawton's "high society." In all my life, I have never seen so many parents loitering in hallways and classrooms during the school day. I was highly uncomfortable with this practice and believe it to be a huge distraction for the children. Teachers are reluctant to discipline the so-called "popular" students. Staff are unprofessional--my wife was jumped by one staff about her place of work and another commonly disclosed her personal problems to me at pick-up. Confidentiality is commonly broken, as well. I would recommend another elementary school.

Posted June 18, 2014
My granddaughter has attended Flower Mound for 2 years in PK and Kindergarten. She loves school and her teachers. She is reading and learning so much! Her teachers love and care about her. I'm so happy that we have found a quality school for her education. The school has installed a security system which comforts me. I know that she is safe at school. Many apply to go to this school but there are limited spaces. I am glad that she has one.

Posted May 26, 2014
As an involved parent for multiple years, I have chosen to take my children and run. Until there is an overhaul of the administration and certain teachers, this school will continue to deteriorate. The principal runs a dictatorship in which the teachers and many students are left helpless. The principal sporadically shows up at school, and when present, is often ready to snap. Work and evening functions are delegated to teachers. The principal handpicked the board, and they defer instead of making independent decisions. Teachers receive no support and are told to keep quiet about serious behavior issues in the classrooms. The principal and several of the teachers can talk a good game, but don't be fooled. This school does not put children or education first. Your only hope is to be one of the chosen few, in which case you will be able to do as little as possible while taking credit for the hard work of others.There is a reason why this school is losing its best teachers, and the school will continue to do so until major changes take place.

Posted May 22, 2014
I am a very involved parent ,volunteering in classroom as well as field trips, Spring fling and other school activities. The PTO does wonderful things for the school and the children. This schools most obvious fault is it's leadership, it needs a major overhaul. The principal is a politician she tells parents one thing aand does another. I've witnessed her being rude talking to some of her employee's in a mean demeaning manner. The school board needs to consider making a leadership change. This will not happen because the school board is set up with the principal's allies. As a parent when you speak up on an issue you have with the school the principal treats you like you have the plague. Which in turn makes you feel uncomfortable being at the school helping out.

Posted May 07, 2014
It seems to me that when a school has voting for PTO officers, every office should be open. I understood these positions were voted on every year (or should be), We, as parents are willing to step up, but the same few seem to stay over and over. How can new parents get involved if no one allows it? This is not a happy school.

Flower Mound Public School
2805 Southeast Flower Mound Road, Lawton, OK  73501
Last modified Flower Mound Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flower Mound Public School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top