Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: no rating

Flower Mound has an excellent homework policy which I was able to sit on as a parent committee member when it was created. Students are given a full week to work on "building blocks" that are review practice questions from last weeks learning objectives to help strengthen their mastery of the skill.

This is a blue ribbon school, recognized nationally by the U.S. federal Government. The teachers at this school are highly qualified and nothing short of amazing. They teach on their feet, include multiple learning styles, including teaching the students which I'd Howard Garner's Multiple Intelligences they are strongest in. Subjects are integrated and fine arts are taught regularly. Flower Mound testing grades have extremely high passing rates with almost all student getting at least proficient, if not advanced. Students are taught concepts, subjects, and real world application, not how to pass the test each year. Learning objectives are mastered and retained. I am thankful every that my children have attended here and that the teachers are caring and competent. This truly is an amazing school.

Develops character: Agree

For several years, the PTO sponsored the sports. The students who participated in sports were given the greatest latitude by the principal. Those who scored well on tests were also given the greatest latitude. Any student who did not fall in these categories were treated as replaceable students. Those days are gone. The new principal, though a former coach, knows that education is for all students, not just the privileged.

Develops character: Agree

This school is on its way back to being a great school, it had fallen socially over the last couple years. But I am happy with the direction it is heading

This school is full of good teachers, but the superintendent/principal has let the PTO take over too much control and this has helped a cliche of friends run the school. If your student isn't athletic they will be bullied. Either you and you kid is in the "in crowd" or your nothing. The school is going broke they say, but that doesn't stop the sports from being a top priority and growing. I have heard that they had things going on the the gym/cafeteria/class/ everything room, all winter because of basketball and archery. I used to love this school, but now I'm just overly excited that my kids will not be there much longer.

I can hardly believe this school year is almost over. Our family was blessed to be included in this district for the first time this year. The classroom teachers care about our children. The school uses many forms of communication so that parents are well-informed about school events and activities. School leadership and high expectations for everyone really make a difference. We are looking forward to another great year.

This school has set the standard in our family. Our kids were well taken care of and nurtured in a positive learning environment. From Pre-K to 3rd grade the teachers and staff even students at Flower Mound have left an impression in my kids' minds forever! And.. I will just be honest. No racism, no favoritism, no ill impressions were made ever! We wish other schools were like this one!

I have had 2 children in Flower Mound and for the record I am in the Flower Mound district unfortunately. My husband who is from the area lied and said it was the best in Lawton. Well if that's true I feel really sorry for Lawton's children. Teachers never call,write or address you in any way if there is a problem. But the principal will threaten to use a paddle on your child. Yes that is exactly what she did when I called for a meeting with her after getting no answers from the teachers.( I called leaving messages, and notes in my child's agenda) She blamed all lack of communication on me even though I could prove I had contacted the teacher with no answer then called my son down and told him she would use the paddle on the shelf in her office on him. At that point I ended the meeting speechless, and told her if she touched him I would file assault on her.

Great school!!!! So glad my children were able to attend school here. Prepared them well for middle school.

We too are a military family that actually live in the Flower Mound district. I too have had issues with the administration. I agree with the review about not being a military friendly school directed at only the principal and select few office workers. Both of my children had wonderful teachers thoughout the years. The cafeteria workers, secretary, librarian, teachers, aids to the bus driver have been wonderful. I think this school would thrive if it had a new principal to run it, that's my opinion. I believe that's where the frustration of some of the negative reviews are coming from.

Last modified Flower Mound Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.