Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted February 18, 2016
Almor West does an outstanding job by being friendly-the principal & secretarial staff, amongst teacher & support staff. All three of my children have attended and we have experienced some wonderful memories. Memories, that have propelled each of them to do well all around. Thank you Almor West! "GO STARS!"

Posted January 20, 2016
It's a great school! The teachers take pride in their students. They show up at extra activities and display students' work in the hallway. The secretaries are polite, friendly, and helpful with any request with things like how many times has my child been absent. Teachers respond quickly to emails and have given me great websites to help my child be more successful.

Posted April 17, 2015
My children have all attended Almor West during the last 10 years. I absolutely love all the teachers and the staff is wonderful. They are always helpful! Parent involvement is always a key to your child's success because the teacher cannot do it alone.

Posted January 21, 2015
I currently have a child that attends Almor West. I am extremely happy with this school. The teachers and principals work had with the students AND parents. Working in the school system, I understand how chaotic things can get, especially in a school. You have phone's ringing constantly, bells to the front door ringing constantly, students needing medication, there is ALWAYS something going on in the front. Teachers have 20 something odd students in their class. They are trying their best to accommodate all those children (whom are on different learning levels) and discipline issues. Parents also need to know that there are meetings principals and counselors are required to go to. They won't always be in the building when you feel it is convenient for YOU. You can't please 350 students parents. But they try! And I think they do a VERY GOOD JOB!!! To get new things for school, you have fundraisers. The school isn't requiring you to do so, but whatever you can do to help raise money for the school will eventually help your child. Stop complaining about ways to better your child's education. I AM VERY PROUD OF ALMOR WEST AND ALL THEY DO!!!

Posted January 09, 2015
I hate this school so bad!!!! The staffs at the front desk are so rude. Don't get me started on the school system, such as the lazy teachers who do not have any patients with their pupils. I am so upset because I believe parents and teachers should work together. Thus, if you are a military brat and started school late...this school don't offer any of there school materials, such as books, and etc. Your child will only get paper sheet, if that lucky. Oh, and they always want money. It hurts to see you teach your child everyday, and his past teachers did an excellent job with him, and these Almor West teachers who think they are doing such a great break these kids down. I give you guys a clap, I would do it for the money too, and careless about the kids!!! Because this is what you guys are doing. SHAME ON YOU GUYS! Close the school! For all the military families; this is not like a military schools on post. Do your research before putting your child(ren) here. I made the worst choice, but it wasn't for a long time.

Posted November 18, 2013
I just absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this school. My daughter has the BEST kindergarten teacher there!! I am so glad I decided to send her there!

Posted September 21, 2012
Don't send your children to this school. Teachers don't teach your kids nothing. Don't get me started the on the Principal. Every time I have to deal with her nothing gets done. She's useless!!!

Posted February 09, 2012
We are a military family and our kids have attended several schools due to military orders. I can honestly say that Almor West is a GREAT school. The Principal is fantastic and has great communication with the parents. My children have had a very positive experience at Almor West and their teachers have gone out of their way to help my children excel. The teachers that I have interacted with are very professional and truly care about my childrens success. My children are challenged academically and I am pleasantly suprised at the complexity of work and level of responsibility the teachers place on the students. They do have alot of fund raisers, however, the money is used to improve the academic environment during a period of significantly constrained resources.

Posted November 01, 2011
Worst school hands down! Do not send your children here if you care about them getting a good education. The teachers seem unqualified, administration (principal) HORRIBLE, and the school is constantly seeking donations of some kind. All 3 of my Almor West students are sliding backwards. AVOID THIS SCHOOL AT ALL COSTS! The other reviews on here are NOT accurate- trust me!

Posted May 30, 2011
Almor West is where my child attends school. They have a great parent communication system. I always felt like I was well informed of school happenings. The teacher my child had was wonderful. She taught him so many things. There is a very active PTA at Almor West. They also have a wonderful behavior managent plan that they use for the entire school. Students earn Gotcha's when they are caught doing the right thing. Students shop weekly at the "Gotcha" store. It really encourages students to do whats right. Almor West is an A+ school.

Almor West Elementary School
6902 Southwest Delta Avenue, Lawton, OK  73505
Last modified Almor West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.