School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Carriage Hills is a wonderful school, with a HEART to see its students succeed. This level of success is just not desired for them in the classroom, but also in every aspect of their lives. Our goal is to see our students be happy and healthy and we accomplish this by teaching them the Seven Habits for Healthy Kids by Stephen and Sean Covey. As the full-time School Counselor for Carriage Hills, my vision for our students is for them to become successful young citizens and with the help of the Seven Habits teaching, along with our wonderful staff and teachers that model this behavior before them, I know that this vision will materialize! Our Mission at Carriage Hills Elementary School is to DEVELOP LEADERS, ONE CHILD AT A TIME!!! We are looking forward to educating your future leaders!
March 04, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 04, 2016

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The one teacher my son had was weak and did not stand up for her student.

Develops character: Neutral

Child did not attend school long enough to have made this conclusion. Teacher and Administration could use this skills.

Nowdays it takes a village to raise children. The minute the children leave the door and ride on Ms. Jackie's bus to being greeted by Mr. Thompson at the gym doors you know they are in great hands. The teachers are professional and caring individuals who take the time to work with the children and encourage them every step of the learning process. The kids are not numbers but individuals and treated that way. Mr. Stormer is not a principal who sits in the office all day. He interacts with all the students who adore him. Mr. Stormer holds teachers, children and parents accountable for actions that are good and need correcting. Office staff, counselor , speciality teachers, custodian, PE, music , cafeteria and librarians are all an enormous asset to this school and children. I'm grateful for my grand children's village that is helping raise them.

Great school to have your children enroll. They really care and provide an excellent program. Teachers and staff respect students and parents concerning. My second of twins are doing very good. I can't asked for more care.

This school has been bullied by the so called principle, child cried and was yelled and intimidated to stop or else. And was allowed to leave with a person who was on the NO list of people that are irresponsible and may cause danger too, then was tried to be covered up. Completely unacceptable. Disappointing and I hope someone does something soon. For the sake of all those parents sending their kids to school thinking that there is a safety of procedure being adhered too.

Fantastic school! The staff is GREAT and the principle really loves each child! The school secretary and the K teacher in the portable are the most awesome with the kids!! My child is in 1st grade now and is in love with school so far! More parents really could be involved though.....

i think this is a great school..kids have been here 3 years and they love it. i moved to a new district and kept my kids at carriage hills

My daughter has gone to Carriage Hills since Pre-K and we both love it. The teachers and other faculty members are great... everyone is hands on with the children and it shows.

since my son has been going to this education facility, he has shown great improvement in his reading skills & other educational areas.

Last modified Carriage Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.