Lawton, OK

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted June 15, 2014
This is a terrible school. My kid's teacher quit about a week after school started and the class had subs every day. Nothing was being accomplished and the principal seemed in over his head. I transferred my child to Washington, where she had a very happy school year. Also, when I walked down the hall a few different times, every time I could hear a teacher yelling at children. They made them march up and down the halls in silence with their arms crossed and their cheeks puffed up so they wouldn't talk. Ridiculous. I went to a PTA meeting and there were two other families there. Bad school.

Posted July 09, 2010
I have had two children in Edison so far and have been very pleased with the level of education they have received and environment in which they learn. The principal, Vic Stoll, is very involved with the children; making the extra effort to learn about each one. I've been a part of the Edison family for seven years (as a parent) and hope that all of my children have theopportunity to attend Edison from K-5.

Posted January 19, 2010
My kids have been going to edison for 3 years now. It is a great school! vic stall seems to really care about his student. Iu can call anytime and just say who i am. They always know which kids are mine and who their teacher is. Mrs strange is the best kinder teacher. Both my kids have had her & we really adore her and have come to be good friends as well. Ms. Woith, the pe teacher, is wonderful with my less than enthusiastic son. We really love our edison family and hate to ever leave them.

Posted January 19, 2010

Posted September 18, 2006
The teachers at Edison are some of the most caring and dedicated anywhere. The principal makes a real effort to know the students and build a close rapport with them even though the school enrollment is over 450. The PE teacher, who is new to the position this year, is making a huge effort to promote fitness with a new walking program and many other exciting activities. She is also helping with a new reading incentive program. The teachers and staff at Edison really dedicate themselves to the PTA. The secretary's help with PTA is immeasurable. The board members of the PTA are enthusiastic about the coming year and have planned many services to enhance the learning environment of the students. They hope to get an outpouring of support from parents. Edison is a warm and nurturing place for children and my daughter is a second generations Superhawk!

Edison Elementary School 0

Posted September 13, 2005
This is my son's first (1st grd) year at Edison. Although it is early in the school year (Sept) I am really pleased with his teacher's approached to the children. Mrs. Baker is wonderful so far.

Edison Elementary School
5801 Northwest Columbia Avenue, Lawton, OK  73505
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top