Eisenhower Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 348 students

Posted May 10, 2014

We were nervous about sending our kids to Eisenhower because of the low rating. In reality, we have been really happy with the school. It has gone though a lot of changes this past year and it shows. What I have really learned here, is no school is perfect, no teacher is perfect and no student is perfect. BUT when there is parental involvement and teacher communication things are great. Not Perfect, but great.

Posted February 25, 2014

This school has come a long way. The Rating is NOT indicative of the level of education and involvement that this school provides. My son has attended grades Kindergarten through 2nd grade and we are sad to know we are moving. We have had wonderful, caring teachers and staff who took a special interest in my child as they seem to in all others. From the ladies in the office knowing each child by name, the teachers being involved to ensure success of each child, to the nursing staff that took care of my child. We are really going to miss this school.

Posted September 23, 2013

This school had undergone a lot of changes for this school year. I really appreciate that it is a small school, making it easy to get to know everyone. I truly get the sense that the principal, teachers, and other staff want the best for the children. As with any school, there is always room for improvement. Most importantly what I have seen is the desire to improve. I can say as a new family in this community and to this school, Eisenhower's doors are always open to you as a parent. Anyone can be as involved as they choose to be. I'm looking forward to being a part of progress and success in my children's school.

Posted February 20, 2013

Within the first few weeks of moving here I noticed my daughter was actually falling behind even though what they were teaching in her first grade class what she had already done in kindergarten. I had asked the teacher for a conference and was told she couldn't set up an appointment, I would have to just stop by and if she had time we could do it then. Which every time I did she was too busy. Then 3 months later a notice comes out stating we would now need to make appointments through the office. Even though i knew my daughter was falling behind the teacher did not once tell me. I finally got a "progress report" and this is where the teacher finally said she wasn't up to par in a few areas. My daughter is doing great now. Bottom line, I had to be my daughters teacher. What took an entire week for the teacher to "teach" and my daughter to "sort of learn" I accomplish now in one hours time and she is getting all 100%s. There are MANY reviews on here saying how good this school is, but the truth is, if you stand outside and wait for your child at the end of the day, you end up talking to other parents. NEVER has a single one had ANYTHING positive to say about this school.

Posted July 29, 2012

Great students, great teachers, great support staff and a great principal! Put all that together and you have a super school!! Great things happen when you are in a building where people care about each other and students are the prority!

Posted February 13, 2012

My son went to this school for 2 years and we loved it! There was a lot of interaction between the teachers and the parents and I adore the principal! Great school!

Posted September 30, 2011

Eisenhower Elementary is a great school for any child to attend. The principal is friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand to the staff. She respects each child, each staff member, and each parent. The teachers are well trained and knowledgeable. They do their best to make sure every child has a great experience. We also have some amazing parents who remain involved every year of their child's education. If you're looking for a school that will do their best to give your child a great education, you can count on Eisenhower Elementary!

Posted July 10, 2011

What bothers ME is that someone else is going to defend something when they obviously haven't been in the position that these other parents have been in. The second to the last day of school my son ( who is an A student and a very well behaved child 9 times out of 10) did something he shouldn't have. Instead if his teacher calling me or emailing me or even taking 2 seconds to write me a note and staple it to his shirt, she tells my 9 yr old what he did. It was a matter that his parents should know about not his 4th grade sister. And I AM an involved parent. So don't make accusations and assumptions for every parent and their situation. Their are parents who WISH they could be involved but putting food and the table and paying bills sometimes has to take front seat. Doesn't mean they love their children Any less than you. Or that they are bad parents. Sometimes the school principal and teachers need to step up and do their jobs. Especially since the parents aren't there. JUST SAYIN

Posted June 20, 2011

Who could learn where the teachers have an attitude and the kids are worse? Parents don't help and no one cares if the kids can't read or do math. No happy times here.

Posted May 1, 2011

Great school! Great teachers! Great principal! What more could you ask for! Parents who are supportive makes a big difference. Eisenhower is a school where you will enjoy having your child!!

Posted March 24, 2011

This could be a good school if the kids causing all the problems were sent to a detention classroom. Instead, some teachers just scream while others make the kids sad little statues. All the parents talke about it but not to the principal.

Posted August 22, 2010

If you want a better education for your child, GET INVOLVED! Schools can encourage parents to become involved, but, it's really up to those parents to commit themselves to seeing that their children receive a great education. I have had 3 children partake in the Lil' Ike General experience. All 3 were in the Gifted and Talented program, Student Council, Peer Mediators and Honor Roll Students as well as played all sports offered. We love Eisenhower Elementary!

Posted August 10, 2010

Eisenhower Elementary is such a great school. I went to Eisenhower from T-1 through the 6th grade. My older brother went to school there as well. Looking back, I'm glad I went to that school. The teachers and staff were amazing! I'm still friends now with teachers from Eisenhower. I even saw my T-1 teacher just the other day and she still remembered me and my family. All in all it was a great school to go to and I feel it helped prepare me for my future schooling a lot. I have many fun memories of that school and I'm proud to say that I am a Lil' Ike General

Posted August 9, 2010

I went to Eisenhower Elementary over 16 years ago. My mom worked there and it was as great then as it is now. As a special education teacher myself now, I did my student teaching there four years ago and I was able to work with many of the same teachers that taught me. That shows the strength of the team of teachers, the fact that many of them have remained teaching there.

Posted August 9, 2010

Eisenhower Elementary is a wonderful school. The principal and teachers work hard everyday to ensure the success of Eisenhower students with its strong leadership and challenging academic programs. The building is immaculate and prides itself on student safety.

Posted August 9, 2010

Eisenhower Elementary School has excellent, caring teachers and a strong, effective principal. The school serves a diverse group of students from all ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, and does an excellent job of meeting the varied needs of these students. The school is placing a strong emphasis on reading achievement. The only weak area that I can see is parent involvement. A core group of parents do an outstanding job in the PTA and Booster Club, however more parents need to step up and get involved in their child's education

Posted August 8, 2010

I just read all the reviews on this school. Everyone has an opinion. The issue of the school lacking discipline makes me laugh. What school does not have this issue? Discipline starts at HOME! Discipline your child/teach them right from wrong before you send them out into the world. The world is not going to recognize just how wonderful you think your child is - kids need social skills! If you want discipline back in the school, then give back the paddles to the schools. Lord knows there are a large number of children in need of a good paddling! All the schools can do now is give studyhalls/detention/suspension.

Posted August 6, 2010

Eisenhower has great teachers who are very knowledgeable and are very interested in the students in their class. I have been in this school many times and find they possess excellent qualifications. The principal is also a very qualified and caring person.

Posted June 3, 2010

My child attended Eisenhower Elementary for two years. We have decided to send him to a private school. EES is a school with no disciplinary control and a staff who has the lowest morale of ANY school I have ever seen. None of the teachers are happy with their job which is disconcerting when dropping your child off for the day. If your child is interested in sports, then I also recommend another school as the sports program is shaky at best. Military is unsupported in the community so think twice before becoming involved in ANY Lawton schools or neighborhoods.

Posted October 11, 2009

After 2 weeks of my daughter going to this school I had her transferred. Her teacher was unorganized and sloppy. My daughter was not being educated in this school Everything was by memorization not problem solving. But I have come to find out it is like that in all public schools in Lawton. But Eisenhower is graded a 4 for a reason. I now know why.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

23 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 66% in 2013.

Native American 6% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 55%N/A61%
Special education 17%N/A15%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

315 SW 52nd St