Eisenhower Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2014
We were nervous about sending our kids to Eisenhower because of the low rating. In reality, we have been really happy with the school. It has gone though a lot of changes this past year and it shows. What I have really learned here, is no school is perfect, no teacher is perfect and no student is perfect. BUT when there is parental involvement and teacher communication things are great. Not Perfect, but great.

Posted February 25, 2014
This school has come a long way. The Rating is NOT indicative of the level of education and involvement that this school provides. My son has attended grades Kindergarten through 2nd grade and we are sad to know we are moving. We have had wonderful, caring teachers and staff who took a special interest in my child as they seem to in all others. From the ladies in the office knowing each child by name, the teachers being involved to ensure success of each child, to the nursing staff that took care of my child. We are really going to miss this school.

Eisenhower Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2013
This school had undergone a lot of changes for this school year. I really appreciate that it is a small school, making it easy to get to know everyone. I truly get the sense that the principal, teachers, and other staff want the best for the children. As with any school, there is always room for improvement. Most importantly what I have seen is the desire to improve. I can say as a new family in this community and to this school, Eisenhower's doors are always open to you as a parent. Anyone can be as involved as they choose to be. I'm looking forward to being a part of progress and success in my children's school.

Eisenhower Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2013
Within the first few weeks of moving here I noticed my daughter was actually falling behind even though what they were teaching in her first grade class what she had already done in kindergarten. I had asked the teacher for a conference and was told she couldn't set up an appointment, I would have to just stop by and if she had time we could do it then. Which every time I did she was too busy. Then 3 months later a notice comes out stating we would now need to make appointments through the office. Even though i knew my daughter was falling behind the teacher did not once tell me. I finally got a "progress report" and this is where the teacher finally said she wasn't up to par in a few areas. My daughter is doing great now. Bottom line, I had to be my daughters teacher. What took an entire week for the teacher to "teach" and my daughter to "sort of learn" I accomplish now in one hours time and she is getting all 100%s. There are MANY reviews on here saying how good this school is, but the truth is, if you stand outside and wait for your child at the end of the day, you end up talking to other parents. NEVER has a single one had ANYTHING positive to say about this school.

Posted July 29, 2012
Great students, great teachers, great support staff and a great principal! Put all that together and you have a super school!! Great things happen when you are in a building where people care about each other and students are the prority!

Posted February 13, 2012
My son went to this school for 2 years and we loved it! There was a lot of interaction between the teachers and the parents and I adore the principal! Great school!

Posted September 30, 2011
Eisenhower Elementary is a great school for any child to attend. The principal is friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand to the staff. She respects each child, each staff member, and each parent. The teachers are well trained and knowledgeable. They do their best to make sure every child has a great experience. We also have some amazing parents who remain involved every year of their child's education. If you're looking for a school that will do their best to give your child a great education, you can count on Eisenhower Elementary!

Eisenhower Elementary School 3

Posted July 10, 2011
What bothers ME is that someone else is going to defend something when they obviously haven't been in the position that these other parents have been in. The second to the last day of school my son ( who is an A student and a very well behaved child 9 times out of 10) did something he shouldn't have. Instead if his teacher calling me or emailing me or even taking 2 seconds to write me a note and staple it to his shirt, she tells my 9 yr old what he did. It was a matter that his parents should know about not his 4th grade sister. And I AM an involved parent. So don't make accusations and assumptions for every parent and their situation. Their are parents who WISH they could be involved but putting food and the table and paying bills sometimes has to take front seat. Doesn't mean they love their children Any less than you. Or that they are bad parents. Sometimes the school principal and teachers need to step up and do their jobs. Especially since the parents aren't there. JUST SAYIN

Eisenhower Elementary School 1

Posted June 20, 2011
Who could learn where the teachers have an attitude and the kids are worse? Parents don't help and no one cares if the kids can't read or do math. No happy times here.

Posted May 01, 2011
Great school! Great teachers! Great principal! What more could you ask for! Parents who are supportive makes a big difference. Eisenhower is a school where you will enjoy having your child!!

Eisenhower Elementary School
315 SW 52nd St, Lawton, OK  73505
Last modified Eisenhower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eisenhower Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top