Lawton, OK

Posted March 13, 2015
Swinney is conveniently located in the heart of Lawton. I currently have relatives who attend the school and thoroughly enjoy the experiences I have during all my interactions with the faculty and staff. The hub, run by Mrs. Runyon, is a great place to get anything and everything you need! She is not only a great resource, she genuinely cares a great deal for all the students and welcomes me with such a warm smile and kindness each time I am at the school. Of course, there are so many more that go the extra mile for the students on a daily basis: Mrs. Hooper rocks taking care of the kiddos, the PE teacher Ms. McDonald is always running around helping everyone out and the teachers...Patterson, Berry, and Tadlock, just to name a few are dedicated to giving my family members the best education possible. They are all supported by a rock star principle, Mrs. Newell who is highly involved with the entire team. She is sailing a very smooth ship! I would highly recommend this school for your children's education. They have proven to me, time and time again that this is the place my family needs to be.

Posted March 11, 2015
The swinney teachers and staff are simply wonderful. They take great pride in teaching the children to be our future leaders and community partners that will lead our nation to bigger and better opportunities that are yet to come. They go above and beyond at swinney to help all students through thoughtful, educated, and passionent teachings in the classroom and during after school activities after hours. The facility and staff simply aren't shown enough gratitude or compensated appropriately to adequately thank them enough for all they are doing on a daily basis for our future generations. Swinney is superb and while I'm not a parent, I do have family that attends this school and I would highly recommend this school to anyone I meet. Well done Swinney. You all rock!

Posted March 04, 2015
I am great aunt of two of the girls that attends your school they are very happy and enjoy learning their I hope all of their educational experience keeps them wanting to learn as you have. Rajeania is great at keeping community aware of all that you do with the kids. Keep up the great job.

Posted March 03, 2015
We have our 2 daughters at Swinney and absolutely love it there! The teachers are amazing and the curriculum is outstanding. It is a warm, caring, nurturing environment for our girls and we are so thankful to be able to attend. As a Military family and as parents when we had to PCS our fear is to find a great school for our girls but I am so thankful Swinney is part of our girls everyday learning and also part of our family. Swinney is definitely the best and forever will be in our hearts. Love forever The Douke Family

Posted March 03, 2015
Wonderful Home feeling school. Staff members make every child feel successful and accomplished. As a new TA, I was welcomed with such warmth and loving acceptance. This school Creatives such unity felt throughout the school.

Posted March 03, 2015
This school is very inviting. The building is older but is always kept spotless and has a just like home feel to it. The teachers/staff are so visible every time I visit. They even have a "walking school bus" where the teachers actually walk quite a few blocks to make sure each child gets home safely. They plan a bunch of fun activities for their students each year to make learning much more enjoyable. The kids I see come in happy and leave happy each day. They keep us in the know with weekly school newsletters. They keep us up to date with their school marquee that is out front and with their Remind 101 messages. Love Swinney School...FLY High JETS!

Posted March 02, 2015
I have 2 friends Rajeania Runyon and Jennifer Tadlock, that work at Swinney School as a secretary and teacher, and I have seen the awesome facebook posts about all the activities that go on at this school. They are very caring and dedicated to their students. They all worked hard with fund raisers to get the new playground equipment they now have. If I had little children, this is the school I would love to send them to.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 02, 2015
I went to Swinney when I was a child, as did my two daughters. My son started at Swinney in Kindergarten, but had to change schools due to disability. My oldest daughter (now 25), is in her fourth year as a PCA at Swinney, and Loves her job, the students, and her co-workers! I know how she feels, when I first started working for the school system here in Lawton, it was at Swinney also. Even though there have been different principals and staff throughout the years, Swinney just seems to be not just a school, but family. I keep up with Swinney because it holds a special place in my heart for many reasons (too many to expand on here), and I know that it is a place where the students have fun, feel safe, are loved, and they are in one of the best learning environments they could possibly be in.
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 27, 2015
The staff and faculty are very dedicated to the students. They often have situations that are beyond their control. They do a great job dealing with them. Has always been a school that loves the children.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 27, 2015
I retired from teaching in 2012. I taught for 32 years and it was all done at Swinney. I taught Kindergarten in the same room for 32 years so at the end I was teaching children of children I taught. I also taught our janitor and one of the classroom teacher aides. Being a Title 1 school has its priviledges and a lot of advantages. One would think disadvantages because of low income area but not me. I loved my families and their children!! We were a family and still are. I have children that I taught who are now in their 30s and we are friends on Facebook and I get to see their children grow up. Swinney has a saying, "Once a Jet, Always a Jet"! And it's so true, love my Swinney peeps always!!!
4 people found this helpful

Swinney Elementary School
1431 Northwest 23rd Street, Lawton, OK  73505
Last modified Swinney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Swinney Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top