Lawton, OK
After care: No

Swinney Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2015
The principal never seems to be at the school, especially when needed. And I've heard nothing but bad reviews from others that have actually had to deal with her. Not sure why nothing has been done about these issues that have been going on for a long time now.

Posted April 16, 2015
I wouldn't trade Swinney school for anything! They are and always have been wonderful in helping all four of my children learn and progress in each and every way and even a lot of my other family's children. There are so many shout outs that I could give but I don't want to leave anyone out. Great job B.C. Swinney

Posted April 15, 2015
The teachers at Swinney are some of the best I have worked with in Lawton Public Schools. They are dedicated and hard working. They have high expectations for the students and provide an environment where students feel free to take risks. The support staff is also dedicated and are an important part of the success of the school!! Swinney is a great place to be a kid!!

Swinney Elementary School 4

Posted April 15, 2015
Swinney is a good school. There are some things that they need to work more in. For example having more parent involvement with Title 1, PTA or school functions/fundraisers. The teacher work hard to make sure no child is left behinf. Some classes need to be split because of the size of the classroom. The teachers are friendly as is the rest of the staff.

Posted April 15, 2015
Mrs. Newell is an amazing principal and she comes along with an awesome and hard working staff! I attended there many years ago for 5th & 6th grade and the school just keeps getting better and better! Keep up the good work! Fly high jets!

Posted April 14, 2015
My children and i have always been luck to have wonderful teachers every year. They go above and beyond to ensure my kids are at or above their grade level standards, i have nothing negative to say about this school. I Love everyone there!

Posted April 07, 2015
I am constantly amazed at how much everyone at this school cares for the students, the school, and each other!

Posted March 13, 2015
Swinney is conveniently located in the heart of Lawton. I currently have relatives who attend the school and thoroughly enjoy the experiences I have during all my interactions with the faculty and staff. The hub, run by Mrs. Runyon, is a great place to get anything and everything you need! She is not only a great resource, she genuinely cares a great deal for all the students and welcomes me with such a warm smile and kindness each time I am at the school. Of course, there are so many more that go the extra mile for the students on a daily basis: Mrs. Hooper rocks taking care of the kiddos, the PE teacher Ms. McDonald is always running around helping everyone out and the teachers...Patterson, Berry, and Tadlock, just to name a few are dedicated to giving my family members the best education possible. They are all supported by a rock star principle, Mrs. Newell who is highly involved with the entire team. She is sailing a very smooth ship! I would highly recommend this school for your children's education. They have proven to me, time and time again that this is the place my family needs to be.

Posted March 11, 2015
The swinney teachers and staff are simply wonderful. They take great pride in teaching the children to be our future leaders and community partners that will lead our nation to bigger and better opportunities that are yet to come. They go above and beyond at swinney to help all students through thoughtful, educated, and passionent teachings in the classroom and during after school activities after hours. The facility and staff simply aren't shown enough gratitude or compensated appropriately to adequately thank them enough for all they are doing on a daily basis for our future generations. Swinney is superb and while I'm not a parent, I do have family that attends this school and I would highly recommend this school to anyone I meet. Well done Swinney. You all rock!

Posted March 04, 2015
I am great aunt of two of the girls that attends your school they are very happy and enjoy learning their I hope all of their educational experience keeps them wanting to learn as you have. Rajeania is great at keeping community aware of all that you do with the kids. Keep up the great job.

Swinney Elementary School
1431 Northwest 23rd Street, Lawton, OK  73505
Last modified Swinney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Swinney Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top