Posted February 28, 2008
Outstanding educators who work hard everyday with our future leaders! I love the way I am greeted in the hallway each day by teachers, administration, and support staff! Way to go Swinney!!

Swinney Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2007
My son is in the fifth grade this year at Swinney. He has been there for six years. This school should not be rated only a four. It is a wonderful school and has awesome teachers. The principal is terrific. It is a very 'homey place to send your child. They are cared for and have a great educational background. I am a proud Swinney Jet parent.

Posted May 27, 2007
As a substitute teacher for Lawton Public Schools, I get a chance to work at a lot of different schools. Swinney is definitely my favorite of all the elementaries. The teachers and the principal are very encouraging and supportive of the students. Safety is stressed constantly, whether it be on the playground, in the building, or at the bus stop. Bullying of any kind is not tolerated! The teachers take pride in being teachers. They enjoy their jobs and you can tell. They go above and beyond to make the students experience stimulating and challenging. Swinney also has an awesome Special Ed. department. I would highly recommend this school to anyone with grade school children.

Posted August 17, 2005
The quality of education my child received while attending Swinney was paramount to any other. Swinney was his third school to attend while in Lawton for only two years. The other schools dismissed him as having a behavioral problem. While attending Swinney, he received the attention he needed and excelled far above his peers. The teachers are determined to do what is best for each individual child and the principal supports them 100%. Mr. Schraner, the principal, is very understanding, supportive, and cares for the well being of every individual student. He truly runs the school with the students well being in mind.

Posted February 14, 2004
- a former student
I am writing as a former student of Swinney Elementary School - good memories, and because of the excellent teachers there at that time, I was able to be helped (have a moderate hearing problem) and I am presently teaching special education in this great state. Thank you!

Posted August 26, 2003
My son has attended Swinney for 3 years. The staff and teachers are among the best I have seen. My son has attended 4 schools since we returned to Lawton. Only the staff at Swinney was able to help me determine my childs educational needs and they have played a large role in helping him to excell in his education. Prior to attending Swinney the other schools stated he was a problem student or a discipline problem. Since attending Swinney, we have had no problems and in fact recently he was tested and the results showed him to be of above average intelligence with reading levels much higher than other children his age. He has excelled in everything due to the support and incouragement of their staff. I feel blessed that we located this school and these people when we did. The majority of the staff has been there for the long hall. They have a low turnover of teachers and are lead by a wonderful principal who is very interactive with the children and is highly regarded by the children and parents. I would recommend this school to any parent who is wanting the best in their children's education.

Swinney Elementary School
1431 Northwest 23rd Street, Lawton, OK  73505
Last modified Swinney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Swinney Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top