Posted November 17, 2012
I have three children, my youngest attends Wilson Elementary and she just loves it, as do I. She has been there since kindergarten and now is in 2nd grade. The teachers are all great, very caring and supportive. Normally I don't write reviews but seeing the previous one I had to comment. I've never been the PTA type parent, I'd help when I can but never really joined until last year. The PTA here does monthly meetings encouraging parents to come out and help with the projects going on in the school. However the PTA can't force anyone to help, parents have to come forward and let them know they are willing to help out. That's how I became more involved, I let them know I was available to help, and now I am a big part of the PTA and encourage all parents to come out and help with all our projects coming up. As for the junk food comment, also posted by the previous poster, sorry but a piece of candy here and there is not a big thing. Wilson is a very healthy school that promotes healthy eating. My daughter always came out with apples/oranges and such for a end of day snack.

Wilson Elementary School 2

Posted June 17, 2012
Wow...I cannot believe that this school has gotten 5 stars. I am floored actually. My son went to 3rd grade here after we had to move from Washington state to Lawton. This schools curriculum was not challenging enough by any means. The spelling words were words practically a repeat of his 2nd grade words from the stellar elementary school he went to in Washington state. The only remotely challenging topic was math but that is because its not my child's strong suit. However if the teacher sent home homework it would have been much more beneficial. Really disappointed. Building could use a great deal of renovations. They always had candy and junk food for snacks if they had any in class from the teacher. They didnt want any food from home so my kid came home telling me what candy he had that day when he didnt really need that much candy daily. The PTA was closed off and not outreaching toward parents.

Posted December 17, 2010
I love this school! My child is only in kindergarden but this has been a great year for her so far.My child is sick alot so last year it was a struggle because she never wanted to be at school,but this year it is the complete opposite.She is upset when she cant be there its just like being home to her.I cant say how happy I am, her teacher is so warm and caring...

Posted February 17, 2010
I have a niece and Nephew that attened Wilson Elementary. The Staff is so supportive it is like a family. I went to my nieces graduation and was surprised at the level of care the teachers displayed. Soon after graduating from Wilson, my niece was diagnosed with cancer. THe staff at Wilson Elementary took a personal interest in her well-being even participating in a couple of fundraisers. This is an awesome school! We love everyone there.

Posted October 24, 2007
I absolutely love this school I have twins in K and the teachers in these classes are wonderful! Mr. Smith is fantastic and does great thing for the students and teachers. We need more parent involvement!

Posted October 24, 2007
Mrs. Meindmen is a great teacher to know at Wilson Elementary. She is phenomenal with her students and class. The teachers are all great. The counselor Mr. Bales is an AWSOME counselor! He is GREAT with the Kids. We are very fortunate to have him. He loves horses and shares his love for horses with the students. He will bring his horse over during fun raisers and let our kids ride to help raise MONEY! Keep up the GREAT Work GUYS.

Posted January 22, 2004

Wilson Elementary School
102 Northwest 17th Street, Lawton, OK  73507
Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top