Posted June 03, 2014
This school is the best! The teachers work together to help students succeed! Parent involvement is awesome and our PTA is superior! Our students become leaders in their learning and we use the 7 Habits of highly effective people and Great Expectations models of learning. Woodland Hills is a great place to learn and grow!

Posted August 06, 2013
This year will be so exciting we have a new principal who is really involved and really cares about each student. A lot of teachers have retired and new ones have replaced them! The school uniforms have been moved to Fridays which all the kids wanted. This school is not title 1 which means they arent just given tons of money so we have to have fundraisers. Parents get involved if you want to see a change for the positive!

Posted August 06, 2013
My daughter attended Woodland Hills for the 2012-2013 school year as a kindergartener and is moving on to first grade this year. I LOVE this school. The amount of personal attention shown to the students is amazing. There are a lot of family friendly activities: Fall carnival, black light BINGO nights, Breakfast With Santa, a Valentine's Day Family Fun dance, and much more. I see a few reviews say they do a lot of fundraising- well thank goodness for that! All the rooms have Smart Boards, the grade levels have iPads to share between classes, technology is taking over our world- without the fundraising the school would not be able to have these things. Woodland is not Title 1- so they don't get any extra government funding. If you are looking for a great school family- this is it!

Posted June 24, 2013
This school is ineffective, the principal and teachers are self absorbed. Its all about the money and not the quality of education and caring about students!

Posted March 29, 2013
This school is terrible, they got a C rating last year, and I can see why. The administartors loose your paper work, have no information about anything going on at the school, and seem like they just don't take their jobs very seriousely. They barely teach. My daughter has learned more from reading and private study this year, than she has at school. If they spent more time teaching, instead of worring about there new dress code, tardy policy, and fund raisers, then they would probably have a higher rating than a C. Seriousely they have a fund raiser every month, as well as some other scheme like fun night; or selling bs junk to the kids to make more money. Its like sending your kids to school ran by telemarketers, ridiculous.

Posted January 09, 2013
The perception is this school is one of the best in Lawton, my daughter has been there for 4 years and as a school they have failed. I don't understand how a strait A student can be tested on a national level and the test show she's below grade level. I'm very much aware that Oklahoma is rated at the very end nationally, but this is absolutely ridiculous. As far as the teachers are concerned, I have only had the privilege of knowing one teacher (out of the 4 yrs) who I felt was teaching because it was a passion and not just a pay check. I'm lucky enough to be military so we'll be leaving in the next month. #ohhappyday

Posted November 16, 2012
This school is surrounded by money, they talk about nothing but money, and send flyers home at least twice a week asking for money. I raise my children to be humble and appreciative and this type of selfish environment gives me the creeps. They have the children chant these codes of ethics like some sort of brain-washed child, drone army... They preach anti-bullying yet there have been several incidents when my child was not supervised and was bullied, on a daily basis. When I asked him why he did not tell the teacher he explained to me that the children had him cornered and he was unable to get to a teacher fast enough before they yanked him away. Where is the faculty? My daughter has been sent to the office several times and I was never informed. How am I to fix these situations if I know nothing about them, simply because the school wants to save face? It strives for excellence yet this CogAT program it expects these children (and parents) to slave over for hours after school is just exhausting. What happened to the children coming first and incorporating their learning styles? The constant top rating this school has strived to achieve at the mercy of these young students is sad

Posted October 22, 2012
Not impressed at all. I enorolled my daughter here because I purchased a house in the surrounding neighborhood. Her teacher told me she would contact me the minute my daughter started slipping in class and said nothing until the conference and then decided to advise me of the parent portal. She is singled out and bullied and teacher does nothing. Teacher blames her for all wrong doings in class without questioning other kids' motives. This is supposed to be one of the best schools with the best teachers but to be honest, Eisenhower was better and more consentious about their pupils.

Posted April 28, 2010

Posted March 24, 2009
Woodland Hills is truly a great school. My daughter has been there for 2 year. The entire staff is very caring and friendly. I recommend every child that wants to have fun while learning, attend.

Woodland Hills Elementary School
405 NW Woodland Dr, Lawton, OK  73505
Last modified Woodland Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.