School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am the new principal of Hugh Bish, but this school is not new to me. My own two children attended this school from kindergarten - 6th grade. I have great pride in this school. The teachers are caring and nurturing and our priority is student achievement while providing a safe, conducive learning environment. We have an active PTA and Booster Club. Our school also offers morning and afternoon extended day services or working parents.
February 16, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Since being in Lawton my daughter has been to three schools and this is the only one that has given me hope! The way the entire school cares for your child is amazing. Mrs. Kamaunu has helped and given us so much that I could never say thank you enough. Love you guys at Hugh Bush Elementary!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 16, 2016

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
Our school strives to develop and build strong character in our children. We have a daily assembly where we review words and quotes of the week that focus on citizenship and strong character. We have procedures in place to create a safe environment where expectations are clear to all. We celebrate birthdays, students of the week, students of the month, and academic and perfect attendance assemblies to recognize our students.
Posted February 16, 2016

I can't say enough about this school & the teachers and all the staff!!! My son has been going here for over a year now and they go above and beyond for these kids and they do everything to help each child and each other love this school!!!

This is my daughters first year at Hugh Bish and from day one she was put in a class where the teacher is absent for more then half the year. When we questioned this we were told there is nothing they can do about this no they can not hire a perminit sub or teachers aid. She spent most of the school year being bullied by other students. And has asked to go back to cyber school next year since she feels she has not learned any thing new and what little they have done was a review of her previes years in cyber school.

My son has attended Hugh Bish since January and I have seen a huge transformation in him. He love his new school and teacher. It's amazing to see. I couldn't be happier. As a military child, it hard to fit in after every move, but Hugh Bish staff and teachers have welcomed him and he is happy. I am so thankful we found this school....

Great school, Great teachers. I have 2 sons enrolled in Hugh Bish ad they absolutely love it. They look foward to going to school everyday and the school administration are very helpful and supportive.

i do not like the new princilple mr.smith he yells im my childs face and made my child cry.a few times.submitted by fields.

Programs like PTA and Booster Club (sports program) are run by parent volunteers. A volunteer is someone who cares enough to spend their personal time doing something nice for FREE. We are lucky to have the volunteers at Hugh Bish who are so dedicated to their kids! I know of parents who would rather complain about a football coach or c omplain about what kind of snacks are allowed in class than actually help their kids with reading or math! If you don't like something, step up and become part of the solution!!

I give Hugh Bish a giant thumbs up! Hugh Bish is the best school in Lawton that any parent can ask for. Everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and I am proud to wear the orange & green with pride. My experience at this school is one I will never forget. I have one who has graduated and one still enrolled at this time. Being a military family it is hard to find a school that is worth trusting and your kids are happy to attend everyday.My child would wake up each day and look forward to going to school.Why you ask? Between the great teaching staff, wonderful principal and the outstanding PTA they have made our experience here the greatest. I recommend HUGH BISH ELEMENTARY to any family moving to the Lawton area. This school is well rounded with teachers who strive for perfection. PTA pres.

Last modified Hugh Bish Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.