Bad
Good

I love this school it is amazing I'm a student at this school and I love it my teachers are Mrs Newton and Mrs Applegate

I was very disappointed in the school. The lack of communication was amazing. I left more voice mails than I can count and the only reason I finally managed to speak to anyone was because I went to the school. There was one day I tried to reach the school about the kids and after 48 calls and many voicemails. I finally went to the school. Seems they had issues with phone system and is common. They have a Facebook page but no updates were posted to let parents know there was way to reach the school about the kids. Although the teachers were nice, the curriculum is very lacking. The kids are taught at bare minimum standards and no real consideration seems to be given for more advanced children. There were even several instances where 'special needs" kids were in the same class and very disruptive. One of these occasions the rest of the class came to a stop to handle this child and the whole lesson was never resumed. The kids were taught at a year or two below the levels they were learning at the previous school. My advice is that if you can find a way to attend a different school, please for the sake of your kids, do so. I did! Best thing ever!

Last modified Locust Grove Upper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.