Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted October 27, 2013
I enjoy this school so much. In fact, I wish I would have attended Locust Grove my whole life. I am glad I moved here though. I have encountered so many teachers that loved what they did, and cared about their students. Lori Helton, Sandy Pierce, Paula Reed, Cathy Welker, and Amy Conkling are the teachers that have made a huge impact on my life.

Posted March 11, 2010
I am a former student of Locust Grove Schools. I had a very good experience at this school. academics and otherwise . My complaint now is my daughter is in high school there the school focuses way too much on sports and not the other clubs and organizations. For instance my daughter is in FFA Mr. Green would rather close this organization. I'm sorry but the FFA has won the school way more recognition than their failing sports. They can't even win a football game.

Posted May 21, 2009
I Highly recommend Locust Grove High School cause the teachers dot here best to help the students understand the subject they are teaching!! The enviroment is very comfortable and safe!! The Athletic Staffe is very nice and they work hard to kepp the kids going with alot of encouragement and cheer!! So I think that this school is the best in the area!!

Posted September 10, 2008
I had students in 3 of the four Locust Schools last year. I would have to say that they are by far the best school system in the area and I would reccomend them to everyone I know!

Posted May 06, 2008
My child really enjoys this school, they are helping her to really understand what she is trying to learn.

Posted January 12, 2008
Great school system with caring, experienced teachers. I highly recommend the school.

Locust Grove High School 4

Posted April 20, 2006
I personally am not not a parent of a student but an alumni of Locust Grove. The school system had its pros and cons, pros more so. I enjoyed it there. There was diversity among the students and this seems to have a negative impact on most schools but not here. There were also several 'grand' teachers that you could tell wanted to make a difference in their students life (Ma' Bell:)!!) There was a lot of hostility from some students that felt 'left behind', but there were alot of open doors for every genre and this is such of huge importance in a small school system. The cons would have to be the 'non' teaching of good study habits. The school does have several teachers that seemed to care less and this made it diffucult for myself later on in college. The school overall was well-balanced and memoriable.

Locust Grove High School 3

Posted March 30, 2006
I am a former student and there were things that I both like and did not like about the school. The academics were not good enough to prepare someone for college. I was not really taught how to study or apply things until I got to college. It was hard, at first, but I had to adapt to the situation at hand without preparation from many of my teachers. Granted, there are a handful that truly care about the students and what they will do after high school. To that handful, I am truly grateful. I too think the music department needs a lot of help. The athletic department is slowly coming along...finally!

Locust Grove High School 2

Posted August 20, 2004
I am not a parent but a former student of Locust Grove High School. I feel that the teachers do not pay enough attention to the students they deem 'less likely to succeed', and instead pay more attention to the 'jocks' and 'cheerleaders. I had one of those experiences myself. I had a Drama Teacher tell me that I couldn't be in the class, but yet all of the cheerleaders where in the class. Students should not be taught based on where they come from or what they look like most teachers never give some of their students a chance based on those facts alone.

Locust Grove High School 4

Posted May 05, 2004
Although a great system, Locust Grove could offer more opportunity to music students. As the mother of a band/chorus student, I feel that the school system could offer more financial assistance to the program instead of depending on fund raising efforts by the BPA. Often parents are too busy working concession or earning money for the program to enjoy the music itself. The academic quality of the system needs some improvement. Many of the students are leaving the system unable to compete in the world of college academics.

421 Broadway Street, Locust Grove, OK  74352
Last modified Locust Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.