PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

This weekend my child walked out of his room and asked how to spell 'Phillip'. We encouraged him to think about where he could find this word. He sped off to his room. He later presented us with a picture where he depicted four boys in school dress uniform. He wrote, " I love St. Philip Neri!" and " I love my school!" Here we are on the last week and it's easy to see how much the school means to him in his word and art. I had to write to share this. Not just his teacher interacted with him and got to know him, they all did. A big thanks to his Kindergarten teacher, who has made his first year fantastic! Thanks for encouraging his art while teaching him fundamentals and life skills. I'm glad we made the choice to join this school community.

Having gone to Catholic school as a child, I had fond memories and wonderful learning opportunities that I hoped for my son to experience as well. He is currently in Kindergarten (K5) at St. Philip Neri Catholic School and loves it! We love his teachers, enjoy the activities he gets to do (field trips!), and especially appreciate the compassionate Catholic Christian environment. We like the small class sizes and affordable before/after school care program. My husband and I are thankful for SPN and the curriculum that mirrors our values and beliefs. Tuition is more affordable than some other private schools in the area, as well. We love SPN!

My daughter has attended St. Philip Neri since she was in the 3 year old pre-school class. I love knowing that she is safe and part of the family at SPN. The teachers truly care about each student and want what's best for them. I'm glad that they have high academic standards as well.

As a family we considered several options before enrolling our children in St. Philip Neri and after interviewing teachers and the principal, we were sold. We now have children in 2nd grade and all day pre-K and could not be happier. The staff is very helpful and friendly, security is top notch, and they have a tornado shelter large enough for the entire school and church! Lastly, it was important for us to educate our children in a place where God is allowed in the classroom and the family is a priority. We have found what we believe to be the best education in eastern Oklahoma County.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The children are taught starting in pre-K to treat each other with respect, share their ideas, accept other's opinions, how to be accountable, and the importance of making Christ-centered decisions.

I have a preschool child enrolled at SPN. I love the staff, safety, and after school care availability. I receive a newsletter weekly from my child's teacher about the academics in the classroom. The school has a secured doorway during school hours. After school is out, they have after school care until 6-630pm. I am very pleased with the school and highly recommend it!

My son has been attending SPN for going on 7 years now and we are very happy with this school. We are not Catholic but are thrilled that our child is being educated in a faith-based environment. The teachers overall have been very good in my opinion, very committed and caring. Comparing my son's curriculum with that of his friends in public school, SPN seems to be ahead of the game. I feel that having him learn and develop in this environment will give him many advantages when he moves on to high school and college.

SPN-this school does not represent what it should, very little religious conviction. They feel entitled to the cost instead of earning it. Any slight problem with a student and it's like a permanent condemnation and will never admit to doing anything wrong, the problem is always placed on the family or student. Also had uncertified teachers for 1/2 year. The staff is quick to judge and punish without staff witness and on hearsay. The online grade site was a disaster. There are some good teachers but a few are in the wrong trade, should not be in education. This school does not represent what a Catholic school should, glad to be gone.

This is a sad example of a catholic school lacking organization. The teachers do not know how to teach or discipline their students. They focus on issues of no importance and neglect to address the actual problems of their school.

All four of my children were educated at SPN. One year when we moved further out I put my two oldest children in the Choctaw schools to save time and money. Not worth the time or money. Oklahoma Public schools were about a year behind SPN. My daughter had already learned in 3rd grade what they were teaching in 4th grade in Choctaw. The Computer lab is top notch and my 10 year-old can produce a power point presentation that would compete with most adults. All my children have a definite sense of right and wrong and positive work ethic. If you fail or succeed it is all on yourself. I am happy with this school and it's Christian teachings.

Last modified St Philip Neri School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8