PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great school and Lutherans are the best!!! Definitely better than Mid Del public schools which are turning into battle zones for gangs.

I could not agree more with the statement about the PreK program at Good Shepherd. It was a new program this year and it was very well done. The classroom size was small and I feel like the teacher had a great relationship with my child as well as with me, the parent. My child has learned to "read" and get along socially with others. She knows she is loved by God and tells me that everyday. I could not have found a better place for my child to begin her educational career.

My daughter was enrolled in the all day pre-k program and absolutely loved it. The learning environment is extremely hands on and very developmentally appropriate for 4 and 5 year olds. My child loved going to school every day which was a huge relief since she did not like her other preschool. The communication between myself and the teacher was fantastic. She would respond to my calls or emails by the end of each day. She would also send home a weekly newsletter informing parents about what the students would be learning for the week. I also loved the small teacher to student ratio. Overall, I felt that my child was extremely well cared for and I can attest to her amazing academic and social growth this year. I know that my daughter has received a wonderful foundation for Kindergarten and I am very grateful for this school and everything they have done for myself and my child. If you are looking for a pre-k program or for a private school in general, look no further!

My daughter has attended Good Shepherd for plus years and she is constantly telling me how she loves all the teachers and how professional and attentive they are to the needs of their students. I am pleased with the bible teachings, academics, taught responsibility and life skills. Good Shepherd is a good school for academic foundation.

My daughter enrolled in pre K and day care, i wasn't impressed either by the teaching or activity. I informed the principal and other of requirement for more hours and teaching and introduction of other activities like music, but was told they couldn't offer them. Most of their activities include kids playing with other kids. The pace of learning is lagging. Basic math is still not being taught. Also there is too much emphasis on bible at such a early age.

My daughter was hit in the face by a boy and the principal never did a thing about it. I even brought it to his attention several times.

My daughter has attended GSLS for 5 years, my son 2 and I couldn't be more pleased with their educations. The teachers, principal and pastor are passionate about their mission and have passed along their passions to the children. All of the long-term (2 or more years enrolled) students I have met treat other kids and adults with respect and compassion. It is a wonderful thing to see 7th and 8th graders go out of their way to include every child, kindergarten-8th. Truly they have learned to strive toward being Christ-like. Our test scores are consistently higher than state and district averages as well as 72% of students being placed on honor roll for academic excellence. I am sad to see such a negative review attached to our school; in my 7 years parenting, volunteering and taking kids on field trips I have never heard of such behaviour from any student or staff member. If you are considering enrolling your child please reserve judgement for when you meet our staff and kids, I promise you won't be disappointed.

My daughter has attended Good Shepherd for about a year and we could not be more pleased. Her teachers are wonderful and the students befriended her immediately. We feel very blessed to have such a good school for her. The tuition is half what we paid in her past school and the academics are strong. I would strongly recommend this school to any parent.

My daughter stated kindergarten there last year and was full day and I couldn't of been more please. My son's currently in their Pre-K program and they are channeling his brain power well. I was very worried because Oklahoma seems to be a bit behind on education. I myself went to a full day preschool and kindergarten and that was in the 80's. I teach my children at home on the national level and Good Shepherd is not far behind and makes a difference in Oklahoma standards. My first-grade daughter has some of the same spelling words as my friend's third-grader at a local public school. The Christian education is top notch, the classes are small, and they don't spank like some other private schools. The tuition is very fair and affordable. I plan of my children to attend as long as they are in OK .

Our child has been attending Good Shepherd for two years and will continue until out of college. The Christian atmosphere and the staff are the best in the state.

Last modified Good Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8