Good Shepherd Lutheran School 2

Posted October 15, 2014
My daughter enrolled in pre K and day care, i wasn't impressed either by the teaching or activity. I informed the principal and other of requirement for more hours and teaching and introduction of other activities like music, but was told they couldn't offer them. Most of their activities include kids playing with other kids. The pace of learning is lagging. Basic math is still not being taught. Also there is too much emphasis on bible at such a early age.

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 1

Posted August 31, 2014
My daughter was hit in the face by a boy and the principal never did a thing about it. I even brought it to his attention several times.

Posted May 29, 2014
My daughter has attended GSLS for 5 years, my son 2 and I couldn't be more pleased with their educations. The teachers, principal and pastor are passionate about their mission and have passed along their passions to the children. All of the long-term (2 or more years enrolled) students I have met treat other kids and adults with respect and compassion. It is a wonderful thing to see 7th and 8th graders go out of their way to include every child, kindergarten-8th. Truly they have learned to strive toward being Christ-like. Our test scores are consistently higher than state and district averages as well as 72% of students being placed on honor roll for academic excellence. I am sad to see such a negative review attached to our school; in my 7 years parenting, volunteering and taking kids on field trips I have never heard of such behaviour from any student or staff member. If you are considering enrolling your child please reserve judgement for when you meet our staff and kids, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Posted February 04, 2010
My daughter has attended Good Shepherd for about a year and we could not be more pleased. Her teachers are wonderful and the students befriended her immediately. We feel very blessed to have such a good school for her. The tuition is half what we paid in her past school and the academics are strong. I would strongly recommend this school to any parent.

Posted December 07, 2008
My daughter stated kindergarten there last year and was full day and I couldn't of been more please. My son's currently in their Pre-K program and they are channeling his brain power well. I was very worried because Oklahoma seems to be a bit behind on education. I myself went to a full day preschool and kindergarten and that was in the 80's. I teach my children at home on the national level and Good Shepherd is not far behind and makes a difference in Oklahoma standards. My first-grade daughter has some of the same spelling words as my friend's third-grader at a local public school. The Christian education is top notch, the classes are small, and they don't spank like some other private schools. The tuition is very fair and affordable. I plan of my children to attend as long as they are in OK .

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 0

Posted May 01, 2008
Our child has been attending Good Shepherd for two years and will continue until out of college. The Christian atmosphere and the staff are the best in the state.

Posted January 19, 2007
- a former student
I attended Good Shepherd from k-8th grade and I really like it there. The teachers were all very helpful and they were actually concerned about the well-being of the students. I had fun there every day but I also learned all the things I needed to in order to prepare me for high school. Needless to say I was very sad when it came time to leave in the 8th grade, but I transitioned very well from Good Shepherd to a public high school and I had already learned a lot of the things they were teaching in my grade. I wish only good things upon Good Shepherd, I encourage new students to attend there.

Posted December 20, 2006

Posted May 22, 2006
My child has attended Good Shepherd from Pre-K through 4th grade, and we couldn't be happier. In this school, every child is treated with kindness and dignity. My daughter has received an excellent education at Good Shepherd, but more importantly, she has learned how to be a wonderful person. Good Shepherd is like an extended family who have helped her through the difficult times and encouraged her to be the best she can be at everything she does. There are not a lot of extracurricular activities available yet, but this is a growing school, and we hope to create more options in the future. I have researched many educational options for my child, and Good Shepherd's staff makes it tops in my opinion.

Posted January 26, 2006
I feel this school is great. It offers a great learning and spiritual enviroment for any aged child. They have great teachers and supporting staff that keeps parents up to day with all activities and the childrens progress or lack of progress in the student school work. They offer help for any student that is not caughing on to the curriculam. The only down fall of this school is, the extracurricular activities are very limited. The ablility to continue the sports program appears to be difficult since the school has not attracked new students and the older children are falling out. The school is just not growing. I hope that by completing this survey. That this will help other parent to make the decision to join this caring school were there is plenty of room for new child that will be welcomed with open arms and minds.

Good Shepherd Lutheran School
700 North Air Depot Boulevard, Midwest City, OK  73110
Last modified Good Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Good Shepherd Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top