Midwest City, OK

Posted August 19, 2011
My daughter went to this school last year (2010-2011) and her teacher was great. She learned so much more than she would have in public school. However, as stated by some of the other reviews. The principal and the office staff needs work. Information flow to SOME of the parents is late or non existent. The office is closed during lunch time, which is the time most parents would be able to come to the school or would be picking up their child early for an appointment. SInce the elementary school is in a separate building from the office, frequently we had to wait for someone with a key to come let us in the building to get to our kids. I was very uncomfortable with the fact that it was such a hassle to have access to my child. School lunches are the same every week and are catered in from fast food places. The healthiest lunch is from Subway. The main reason we removed our daughter was because the behaviors of some of the other students warranted expulsion, yet they were allowed to remain at the school. It is one of the cheapest private school tuitions in the city, but I would also rate it as the worst private school. But it is still better than public school.

Posted May 23, 2011
I agree the princepal is very unprofessional. The seem to be very unorganized as far as the office staff , they never know anything going on. When I ask about a event they always have to take a message and I never hear anything back. They also promise kids stuff and they dont fulfill those promises. That is not Christian like. The Teachers are good my daughter has learned alot as far as the school side but the adminstration side stinks.

Posted April 22, 2011
I have two students that attend Harvest Life School. They both love it there. The teachers are supportive. They go the extra mile to help the students if there is something in the curriculum that they are not understanding. They are willing to come in early or stay after school to help students. I love that the curriculum is Bible based. The office staff are always helpful and friendly. The principal is there for the students and parents to go to if there is a problem. She is usually the one that is there when I drop my students off at 7:00 every morning. My kids love her. The school is secure so I don't worry about my children's safety. I highly recommend this school!

Harvest Life School 2

Posted March 25, 2011
My child attended this school for 2 years. Loved his teacher the first year. Hated his teacher the second year. The principal usually arrived as I was leaving from dropping my child off, she was not there to greet the children and was unprofessional. The teacher we had for the second year could not even spell correctly, she would correct things my child mis-spelled and they were still wrong. HUGE disappointment from what I had expected.

Posted April 14, 2010
I have a child at Harvest Life and I love this school!!! My child is autistic and after 2 years of public school was hitting himself badly and was called a disciplinary problem. Not ONCE did he have any problems at Harvest Life, Mrs O is wonderful with him and Mrs S the principal takes time out of her schedule if there are any meetings on his behalf. The entire staff is always friendly and accommodating. Hot lunches can be ordered or brought from home, the staff will refrigerate and heat it up at lunchtime.

Harvest Life School 2

Posted April 06, 2010
My son went to Harvest Life for three days. he is five and was in their pre-k class. After the third day when I went to drop him off he started crying and refused to get out of the car. The enviroment was completely different than what I expected. the building is so secured you can't just walk in and check on your child. You have to announce you are coming and that made me uncomfertable' what are you hiding. They don't have a cafeteria so that meant no hot luch- ever.

Posted November 22, 2009
At this school you know what they are teaching and thats why i love harvest life

Posted November 11, 2009
My son is in the 3yr old PK class, and he is learning all I expected but they keep the building on lockdown 24/7. I understand they are a private school and have the closed campus policy, but you cant even go inside the doorway to wait for your child if you go pick them up early. I understand someone who they arent familiar with, but Im a parent paying for my child to be there and they wont let me in the building.

Harvest Life School