Midwest City, OK

Steed Elementary School 1

Posted October 29, 2013
I was a student at Steed in the 06-07 and 07-08 years. There was not really much learning. The last year I was there I was asked to skip a grade because I was literally helping to teach the class. Worst school i have ever been to.

Steed Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2013
This school is horrible. They have a couple good teachers at the school that really need to leave the school ASAP. The principal Ms. Tucker is an embarassment to principals. Allows students to get bullied or inappropriately touched by other students with no disciplinary actions. She thinks by moving them to another class, all is taken care of. Receptionists are incompetent. Pick up and drop off are insane. I'd urge anyone that has a child getting close to school age, don't send them to Steed. Ms. Tucker if you read this, I hope one day you decided to humble yourself and take your job as a school administrator more serious. If kids can't go to your school without fear of other students, how do expect to raise your well deserved pathetic score that the state handed you.....?

Posted April 30, 2012
I have 4 children attending steed this year. The transfered over from solider creek. iI like steed alot better then solider creek. The principle (Mrs. Hamilton) shows love to all the children she is well connected to them. All my kids have caring teachers that push them to learn more and to go above the norm. my children are in Pre-K, Kindergarden, 2nd and 3rd. So i would love to give all these teachers a teacher of the year award for all that they have done for them. Mrs. Case/Mrs.McKnight (pre-k) my son loves them to pieces he is a activite child but they have handled him wonderfuly. Mrs. Richardson (kindergarden) how had alot of patience also but has taught my son so much. He comes home excited about what he ahs learned at school that and the fact that he can read like his older silbilings. Mrs. Swanson (2nd) has given my daughter a new out look of school that she had lost the previous year, but i am glad to see it back.And she has improved a great deal. Mrs. Cahill (3rd) is wonderful teacher also she has taken time of her mornings to help students in need of extra help.My loves her even when he is wrong. He has accomplished so much with her also. Love steed

Posted March 22, 2011
My first Substituting job was in this school. It was a 3rd Grade Class. It was great, good lessons, great well behaved kids. It is a great place to go.

Posted September 06, 2009
My son loves going to school everyday! His pre-k teacher, Mrs. Case is wonderful!! Steed has made great improvements and is striving to do more everyday for the children and their education.

Posted July 10, 2009
Everyone has room for improvement. The only thing that I see is wrong with Steed is there are not enough awards being passed out to the children. They do these awards once a month, one child per class, and you can't tell me that only nine children the whole school year were worthy of those character awards. If they're low on ink and paper I'm sure the parents would gladly donate just so no child is forgotten about. How sad is that to make good grades all year and never get into trouble and not be acknowledged? I saw alot of stuff these last few years that really bothered me.

Posted July 10, 2009
I love love love working at Steed! Our principal is very supportive and has really brought Steed to a different level. I have never seen a staff that got along and worked together as well as the staff at Steed.

Posted October 27, 2008
My name is Ariel Craft, and my daughter attends Steed. This is her second year and we just love it! Mrs. Hamilton is a wonderful principal and she has a wonderful staff. I love Charger Connection and the positive attitudes, and behavior that it promotes. The school is great, the staff is great. having to leave Steed is the only thing that I'll hate about leaving Oklahoma.

Posted November 27, 2007
I had three kids go through this school and it is one of the best that Mid-Del has to offer.Over the years the schools ethnical cultural has changed thanks to the AF Base close by, but I think its better for the kids because the world has gone global.

Posted October 23, 2007
I believe Steed is a very good school, after the change in principal. I believe that the current principal is very caring, hands on with her students and will make Steed a top school.

2118 Flannery Drive, Midwest City, OK  73110
Last modified Steed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steed Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top