Midwest City, OK

Posted April 23, 2014
This is the first and only year my daughter will be attending Sooner-Rose and i am glad. The teachers don't seem to care about anything since the school will be closing at the end of the year. The communication between the teacher and parent is left solely up to the parent unless your child gets in trouble. We have been fundraising all year and I am not sure why, unless it is for the teachers severance bonus.

Sooner-Rose Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2013
My son has been going to this school for two years. I've had nothing but issues since day one. The principal turns a deaf ear toward the children and I've witnessed this first hand. The maxim punishment is always at the top of the list. If it were my choice this school would have been closed or fired the principal and come in with new management.

Sooner-Rose Elementary School 1

Posted May 03, 2012
my children have been going to this school for 3 years....their kindergarden teachers were great! However, all the other teachers are burnt out and have given up on the children. They would rather retain your child instead of encouraging them and they are always to "busy" or it's not the right time of the year to test them for a learning disability. And the amount of homework they bring home makes me wonder if they do anything in class. If you can help it dont bring your child to this school.

Posted June 14, 2011
I spent a great deal of time in this school and I must say... the teachers are pretty negative and grumpy. they tend to give up on the kids the struggle and just let them get by until they move to the next grade. I also think they just pass out worksheets instead of actually providing students with meaningful learning experiences. I also feel like all the teachers do is yell and scream at the kids to get them to behave and it does not work. The principal and office staff are all really nice but I don't think the principal is respected by her staff. I feel this school needs a lot of work.

Sooner-Rose Elementary School 0

Posted March 28, 2009
I loved it. The teachers my son had for the time he was their were very caring!

Posted August 15, 2008
I love this school. The teacher's are great, and the office is excellent.

Posted August 02, 2008

Posted February 19, 2008
Wonderful school! Both of my children are doing great here. The teachers are the best! My children get one on one attention and are both excelling. Sooner Rose is one of the best schools. I recommend it to anyone!

Posted February 08, 2008

Posted July 28, 2007

Sooner-Rose Elementary School
5601 Southeast 15th Street, Midwest City, OK  73110
Last modified Sooner-Rose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sooner-Rose Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top