No rating

Moore Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Moore

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $119,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted April 26, 2013

My son went to school here a few years ago, then he was in high school, I can tell you that it was not good, I found out that the first 2 years of high school the music teacher was teaching them and letting my son sleep and just giving him grades even though he was not teaching him, my son had ADHD and they knew that and did nothing to help him if they couldn't teach him they should have said so, after that the music teacher got fired, the school is a joke don't waste your money on it your kids deserve better, what a joke of a school they should be shut down!

Posted March 21, 2013

My daughter's class went through 4 teachers in one year. I use the term "teacher" loosely. After the first teacher left, the office secretary taught the class, then a short-lived sub, then the class spent the entire second semester with a cafeteria lady teaching. The After-School program was ran by older high school students with little to no supervision until several parents complained.

Posted December 3, 2012

My daughter attended this school for Pre-K in the 2011-2012 school year. I was extremely happy with the progress she made while attending this program. When I was told that she would be reading by the end of the term; i was in disbelief.....however it was true! My 4 year could read and she had not even been to kindergarten yet! The staff was very friendly and accomodating! My daughter had excelled not only in academics but also in her faith.

Posted November 16, 2012

I was very happy with this school. My son attended junior high here and is doing great since transferring to the public high school. I am very grateful for the education that he received. I am also grateful for the spiritual reinforcement that he received. Great teachers. The school is small but that gave my son a lot of individual help that he needed. There were a couple students who got in trouble but I have seen a whole lot worse. I have friends who had their daughter in kindergarten and they said the younger grades are really great!

Posted March 22, 2012

Majority of upper grade students are moved to this school because they were ejected from public schools. The upper grades are out of control, do as they wish most of the time. There are some great teachers at this school but they are under paid and overworked. Moved my kids and they are completely behind at the new school and are working from the time they get home to about 11pm when they had to do very little to make good drades at this school. Moving them in to the same classes at the new school and they found out the things taught at this school for the class are the preface of the book at the new school. I feel I was paying for them to go to school with the kids that were kicked out of the public school I was worried about them attending. This school needs much work on structure for the kids.

Posted February 21, 2012

This school is increadibly disorganized. The safety of the students are at risk. I would not send my child back. They are not accredited.

Posted August 22, 2011

Recentlyl,we found out that this school is NOT Accredited by the North Central Association of Oklahoma Department of Education and the Oklahoma Seconday School Activites Association.In other words,my sons classes that he took as a freshman DO NOT transfer to the public high school,he is having to redo his freshman year,We where not told nor did we think to ask,Non-accredited school are funded soley by the parents,it gives the school free reign to do what ever they want with your money, including hiring teachers In accredited schools they receive money fron the state and federal goverement,they have to follow guidlines,and they have to pay for the acredited tittle,MCS does not do this,The MPS states in the homepage that they are accredited,I learned a lesson Do your homework,these schools will not tell you but they will tell you how much you need to give.I sent my son there because he was frustrared with school,now he is back in the public school and he is again a freshman,because the school wasnot accredited,and now I am back to square one.

Posted May 18, 2010

I am so glad that we had our two daughters in school at MCS... both the K-3 and the Kindergarten programs are wonderful and they have learned so much this year!! Truly a Great School!

Posted May 3, 2010

Our daughter is in the pre-k 3 program and has surpassed our expectations. Her faith and educational growth continue to amaze us.

Posted April 16, 2010

The school is very small so cannot provide enrichment classes or the 'extras' like a larger school. The curriculum is ABeka, so I know my child is getting great material. The building is rather old and needs updating. It is kept fairly clean except for the gym. My child has enjoyed her first year at MCS.

Posted January 24, 2010

This is the first year for our son to attend this school. He is thriving in this environment! He loves his teacher and the other kids! It has been a wonderful experience.

Posted August 19, 2007

This school is wonderful and the children learn a lot. I do not worry about my child not getting a great education. I also do not worry about my child not being safe.

Posted May 22, 2007

Needs a little work, somewhat outdated and in need of new classroom supplies and playground equipment. Also the teachers need assistants when they have more than 8 preaschoolers by themselves. I think the children would learn more if they had actually teaching supplies and things for the kids to play with and learn with.

Posted March 27, 2006

Love it here. Both my children are enrolled and have learned so much in this school year. Teacher to student ration is great. Academics are wonderful and the staff is very nurturing to the children's needs. The tuition is very affordable for a private school. A. Rapson

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

836 North Eastern Avenue