Southwest Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 218 students

Living in Moore

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $119,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Sweep tile

Posted April 1, 2012

I love the curriculum taught at the school and the fast paste learning environment. Im not happy with the three year old teacher unprofessional, and talks inappropriate to the students. No patient with kids and spends the entire day yelling to get her point across.

Posted February 2, 2012

SW Christian Academy is worth every tution dollar paid. The staff and administration are interested in building good citizens with excellent academic skills. Our son is excelling each day and his growth is exceptional. I would recommend SCA to any parent looking to make their child successful in their academic careers and in life.

Posted June 25, 2011

I, too, am a dissatisfied SCA parent. I have witnessed the teachers act unprofessionally in front of the students and parents on a regular basis. I have even witnessed one teacher grabbing students by the arm on several occasions. I agree with one former poster who said the owner acts unprofessionally and lacks leadership. I expressed my concerns about staff several times and he never followed-up or corrected the issue. They are constantly under investigation by DHS. Don't send your kids to this school.

Posted March 7, 2011

My son has went to SCA since he was one, he is now in kindergarten there. The preK 3&4 year classes gave him a wonderful head start for kindergarten! All of his teachers have been so wonderful. He reads so well, I am just so amazed at how much he has learned. & I love hearing him tell Bible stories & knowing scripture-

Posted January 4, 2011

I have never been more frustrated with this school! They can't keep teachers in their Pre-K classes. I'm am a big believer that Pre-K is an important stepping stone in my daughters educational future and SCA's inability to hire and keep, qualified staff is unexceptable!

Posted April 20, 2010

I would like to comment on the post that was posted September 28, 2005. I know it has been five years since this post but I just read it for the first time today and feel compelled to set the record straight. I have known the owner of SCA for over 20 years and both of my children attended SCA. I can say from personal experience that you won't find a more faith-based, kind-hearted, genuinely loving person on this earth than the owner of SCA and his wife. For the poster to say that there is a 'lack of leadership by the owner. ' And that he has an 'un-Christian like attitude' is just ludicrous. I would recommend SCA to anyone who wants their children to learn phoenics because SCA is one of only a handful of schools in the OKC/Moore area that teaches it.

Posted June 16, 2009

My child has been at SCA since the start of the year., The people in the office are great and my child's teachers are wonderful with him. My child is a bit of a handfull and they are soo very patient. I plan on keeping him as long as I possibly can. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a school for their little ones.

Posted January 22, 2009

My children have been in this school for 5 years now. I love it. I have one in elementary and one in highschool. They love it there. I love the staff and the administration. Everyone is so friendly and personable. The education they are receiving there is top notch. I'm so thankful that my children are in a school that is Christ centered and not world centered. The school also has a sports program with football, baskekball, baseball, softball, volleyball and cheerleading. It's a fun time. A great fellowship with other believers. Just a great family. I would highly recommend this to other familys who would like their children in an organization that is Christ centered on education.

Posted August 25, 2008

I have 3 kids in this school and my special thanks to' stacy ward 'for changing future of my kids .its great school .

Posted October 19, 2006

Wonderful School! We have both an elementary and jr. higher! They have both ABEKA and ACE. Both are great programs. Our elementary age child started there with the 4-K program. We've loved the school and know others will too! This school is like having an extended family. The school administrator and the rest of the staff are wonderful God loving people. They love and support the school and our children. We highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great christian education and we have!

Posted August 30, 2006

Our daughter graduated from this school several years ago and we have kept up with it since. We support the school, it's staff and the administration to this day.They now offer ACE & Abeka curriculum. This is a school that upholds christian values. The administrator always interviews every student and their parents before they will accept a student in their school. The principal is a Godly lady, she is very supportive of the administration, the board members and enforces the rules laid out by them. I see such unity in all of the staff. I highly recomend this school to all christian families looking for a Christian school. I also recomend the Childcare center for the younger kiddos. They also teach curriculum in the 3 & 4 yr. old classes.They have recently gone through some changes but these changes were needed and is now headed in the right direction. I highly recomend SCA!

Posted August 12, 2006

Great school!!! Best owner/administrator in the state.He is a great leader of the school, he makes sure that the students set a good Christian example.He is a good hearted Christian man who believes in his God and his school.The school has a great athletic progam,the high school basketball team finished 2nd in the state playoffs last year,as did the high school girls softball team.The school offers varsity and jr. high football,boys and girls high school/jr. high basketball, varsity boys baseball, girls high school softball, and cheerleading. This is a great school with great teachers, leaders, and students. I highly recomend it to anyone looking for a quality Christian education for their child.

Posted July 20, 2006

SCA is a great school. The teachers are very helpful and keep me updated on my child's progress. The Administration is a sound christian group of people. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants a good christian education. It is a very safe environment for learning.

Posted November 3, 2005

My experiences with my four year old in the PK program have been troubling. I have not recieved any correspondence from his teacher in three weeks. He sees three or more different teachers throughout the day, some of them do not know him by name. Those who do not know him have never asked to see ID before allowing me to take my child. I've often been to the school to pick him up and found other, very young children roaming the halls unattended.We, like the other parent's comment have experience lots of injuries. Many of his bruises are NOT documented nor reported. I never saw or signed accident reports and non of the teachers seem to know where they came from...saying it must have happen while another teacher was in charge. There are ladders and construction equiptment where kids can get to. I will be removing my child ASAP.

Posted October 31, 2005

My son is in the daycare at SCA. The teachers are excellent, education & programs are wonderful. My only concern has been when children hurt each other. After repeat offences, I'm left to wonder how much a child is allowed to do before being removed from the school, or at the very least, changed to a different class.

Posted September 28, 2005

I was very surprised by the lack of leadership by the owner. His un-Christian like attitude was very disturbing. The teachers are exceptional. It is a good school upstairs with the exception of the owner.

Posted August 28, 2005

I really like the fact that they use both ACE and Abeka. This allows the students to progress at their own pace in an area they may struggle in. When you call the school, the staff couldn't be nicer.

Posted March 3, 2005

I have 2 children attending public school and one student attending SW Christian Academy. Although I am pleased with Moore's public schools we have had an outstanding experience this year. SW Christian Academy's academics and expectations of their students is far superior to any school we've ever been involved with.

Two or more races 7% N/A
Asian 6% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACE

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1005 Southwest 4th Street