Moore, OK
After care: No

Posted February 23, 2010
My child continues to come home and tell me about drugs in the school and kids using before class. I have called the school but nothing is being done. My son is afraid of somehow being associated with this behavior because he knows the kids using. Next stop, Principal...but after reading the reviews I almost feel like that would be a lost cause!!

Posted May 07, 2008
I attended this school for 3 years. I was a straight 'A' student. The school features one of the best bands in oklahoma from my expierience from over 8 schools. The teachers will work to the best of their ability and always help the students. This school the leads on the one of the best highschools in that region Moore HighSchool. And a plus is that you get to have Ms.Taylor the best band director in the WORLD.

Highland East Junior High School 1

Posted September 27, 2007
I think the principal needs to be replaced with someone that knows how to deal with kids in this day and time.Saftey and discipline is another issue.I've walked in the school at least 9 times last year and twice this year and no one at the door to ask who I was or was doing there or show me where to go.

Highland East Junior High School 1

Posted August 15, 2006
This is without question the worst school as far as leadership from the principle. My son has been bullied everyday, and the principle told he & I that he must tell a teacher/principle everytime. My son desperate for help did this. The principle would speak to the child bothering him, the next day it started again. Instead of taking care of the problem they started ignoring him or making remarks about him telling again.The help promised by the principle was not there. When bullies are not dealt with others see they can get by with this kind of behavior and before long you have more bullies to deal with. If a stop is put to this behavior with 1 or 2 bullies it would discourage other students from these actions. Principle has been made aware of all hits,cursings,threats and belittling and still has done nothing to stop it.

Posted April 21, 2006
My daughter is a freshman at HEJH and she loves her school. She has had and still has several teachers who have helped her excel. The administration could improve though. The new principal is too worried about holes in the pants and is letting something so minor interfere with a child's learning. He should realize that one must pick and choose which battles are worth fighting. Not to mention, some students are not in a positon to buy new clothes.

Highland East Junior High School 5

Posted September 18, 2005
Highland East is the best junior high to go to in Moore. They have awesome teachers who care about everything you do. I attended 7-9 grade at highland east and loved every minute of it. They also have great counselors who you can talk about anything with. I highly recommend your child going here.

Posted August 18, 2005
I am not sure if I like the help of the office staff for the ninth grade, my child went there from the 7th to the 9th and I was not pleased when I as a parent went into the office for help with her math after my child has been asking for help forever and they told me that my child would just have to fail and redo it next year, now I ask you is that the kind of staff that we realy want to be teaching our kids, that its ok to give up and just redo it next year, I was not pleased at all with them.

Highland East Junior High School 5

Posted August 15, 2005
I think that highland east junior high is a good school for any kid to go to. If your kids never do thier work they have a deal called the zap progrm which stands for zeros arent permitted. It has helped me out a lot at this school and i'm still attending this school and i am going to be a freshmen this year and they will help you in any way that they can possible. They will never turn a student down here. So i would reccomend students to go to highland east junior high and be a student their. The staff and the administrators are excellent people and they help out the students any ways possible so i highly reccomend anybody to go to highland east junior high.

Posted May 18, 2005
I think that the teacher/principle involvement is less then desirable. The principle does not have the compassion and understanding to deal with teens in this day and age. There is two teachers I can name that have the understanding and patience to teach the kids so they want to learn. They teach with a passion to reach the kids. When it comes to bullies no one intervenes they turn their backs. Kids are judged inappropriately and given a bad rap for no reason, bullies are allowed to bully and no one addresses the problem, my son is bullied in the lunch room and the teachers turn away when he tries to tell them, and lastly the busses have been so packed my son had to sit on the floor! Out of the 5 schools my children have attended this is by far the worst.

1200 Southeast 4th Street, Moore, OK  73160
Last modified Highland East Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland East Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top