Houchin Elementary School

Public | PK-6

Posted February 2, 2014

I was once a student here from 2003 - 2010 and I loved it here. The principals and teachers were really nice and made learning fun! I wish I could relive my elementary school days. They were a blast! -Nathan

Posted January 24, 2012

This is an awesome school! First of all the staff is so excellent & friendly it makes me happy to have my child here. He is in 2nd grade & has been here since Kindergarten. I also love the fact safety is a very high priority. My son loves this school & the staff definitely works hard to keep the kids excited about learning. I would definitely recommend this school. Love it!

Posted May 14, 2009

Excellent before/after school program, Camp Bulldog, my son enjoys it so much that he gets upset if I pick him up early. The teachers are the best and my son is very lucky to be in a school with such wonderful people. The whole staff is excellent and friendly. Thank you, Angelo and Yuri Gonzalez

Posted November 14, 2008

I love this school. My son started Kindergarten at this school and then we bought a house and moved out of the district. I am so sad about this, the Teachers and the Principal are so amazing, I miss them so much, we don't have that with our new school. Any parent who is looking to get their child/children into the Moore School District should really consider Houchin, it is a TOP NOTCH School.

Posted June 8, 2008

I love the Before and After School Program at Houchin. The Camp Bulldog staff plans alot of fun activities.. The teacher on Friday afternoons is extremely friendly and professional. My child hates for me to pick them up early.

Posted February 17, 2005

My son has been going there for the past 2 years, and I would have to say that the 1 on 1 involvement that the teachers have with the kids is outstanding. They have done wonders with my sons reading ability. I really like the way that the Mr. Romines gets down on the kids level. Most of all I love the way the teachers keep me informed about whats going on in the classroom. This is my sons 3rd school and its absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much Mr. Romines and Staff!

Posted October 27, 2004

I have Three kids there and they make sure that the children and the parents have all the applications that we need to enhance our childrens learning. Thanks

Posted July 27, 2004

My son attended kindergarden at Houchin last year, Mrs Cason is amazing! He has shown unbelievable progress in his reading and computer skills.

Posted April 27, 2004

In the six years our son has been there I have never had a problem or concern that was not taken care of with care. We have never seen a pricipal like Mr. Romines. He keeps the atmosphere light and expectations high. He knows how to balance it out to get the most from the kids. He is a awsome pricipal. We can't say enough positive things about this school. We have seen what they have done for our son's education, and now our daughter has started Kgtn. there. We can't wait to see how far she can go. Thanks to all the staff at Houchin!

Posted August 11, 2003

I have to say since Mr.Romines has been the principal at the school, things have been more fun for the children. Their special ed teacher Mrs. Patterson is awesome with the kids!!! They have followed my sons IEP and hasent tried to ignore any of my concerns. Thanks!

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

55 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

55 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

46 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

46 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

40 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 66% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 78%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3200 North Webster