Posted February 11, 2014
The teachers and staff at Kelley Elementary have done really well educating my two kids. My son went to Kelley from Pre-K to 6th and had wonderful teachers for each grade who taught him how to read exceptionally well, put ideas to paper, think logically, and of course do math. (I didn't teach him this stuff so they must have! :) He is also a type 1 diabetic and needed extra care at school. The staff at Kelley put a very good and flexible diabetes management plan into place; and, I was very impressed with how smoothly it all went throughout the years. My daughter is in 3rd grade at Kelley and has had all the same successes with learning as her brother. I owe it all to the teachers. Every time one of the kids looked like they might be slipping with their grades or homework or just having a tough time at school, they let the parents know and offered support on how to get everything back on track. I also had no problems with bullying at Kelley. There was some name calling one year from some kids walking home from school but never on school grounds. I always felt that my kids were safe at Kelley.

Posted November 07, 2013
I have raised 4 children in the Moore public school system, and Kelley has been an overall highly enjoyable experience. My children are well rounded self -sufficient people who excelled in math, reading and science. The arts are a bonus. The teachers are under paid yet over- loved! There has been different principles and some turn over in teachers but many have remained for years. The love they show for the community is apparent!

Posted September 27, 2013
Where do I begin? Well, firstly, the lunches are not very good as one has already pointed out. I would think that a school of this size would be able to make better food, as I am a former Blanchard Intermediate student, and their lunch staff was smaller and had more children to accommodate, and the food was not as mediocre. The staff are unfit for their jobs, and are completely unprofessional. The teachers let kids walk all over them, have no handle on them whatsoever. When the teachers/principal(s) do act, it's in a unproductive way, for example: If a child raises their voice with the teacher, they get a measly detention, or the teacher simply raises there voice, too, that gets you no-where. There are many incidents with children getting into fights, there is one a day, at least, the reprehension of an incident is a warning, suspension, suspension, again, and being expelled, which does nothing, in terms of getting kids into not doing it again. I believe the reason that there are a lot of fights is because: teachers don't act when children are bullied, crying in class, claiming "I did not know" and not doing anything 'After the did know'. Be in for a rodeo.

Kelly Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2013
My kids have gone to Westmore Child Development Center from infant to Kindergarten. We have been VERY spoiled with great academics and wonderful teachers. I was pretty apprehensive about transitioning them into public school. My oldest is now in 2nd grade and having spent 2 years at Kelley Elementary I have nothing but praise for the school. He is being challenged, getting good grades and loves his teachers. They have an incredible before and after school program, Comet Care, that has been convenient and fun and educational. He loves it! When given the choice of having grandma (that spoils him) watch him after school next year or go to Comet Care he chose Comet Care without hesitation. :) The addition of the new principal, Dena Taylor, is great. She seems to be facilitating good morale and a nice work environment for all. I'm impressed and it is not easy to impress me when it comes to my kids.

Posted January 29, 2010

Posted May 27, 2009
The teacher are great, but something need to change about the principal.

Posted January 29, 2008
My child is 9 and loves her school! I will say the principle is hard! but the school is wonderful! we love it!

Posted July 15, 2007
My three boys attended this school last year. I was not at all pleased with the principle, and did not think the school made much of an effort to help kids enjoy their experience there. As for extracurricular activities there were none to speak of. The teachers were ok. My kids hated eating lunch in the cafeteria because the food was terrible. I personally will be trying to enroll my kids in another school.

Posted October 10, 2004
I have a child who is a student in Kelley Elementary. He's in kindergarten and has also attended preschool there. It's a wonderful school. You can tell that the teachers genuinely care about the students in their classes. I am glad that my son attends this school.

Kelly Elementary School
1900 North Janeway Avenue, Moore, OK  73160
Last modified Kelly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kelly Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top