Bad
Good

My School is Moore High School. My child started ninth grade here an will graduate this year 2014. For such a big school it has a small school feel. Teachers seem to know all the students. Everyone we have encountered are very helpful. Freshman year the students all receive a letter from the freshman the year before and my student still has hers and thought it was a great idea. and enjoyed writing her review of her freshman year. Everyone has been open for discussions and accept help gladly as well as give help. The school has many different tracks for getting diplomas. They are very helpful throughout the process. I don't think you could find a better High School.

We have been very pleased with Moore High School. My senior is definitely ready for college. MHS was just listed in the top 10 percent of high schools in the state. Mr. Coyle is strict but fair. Most of the teachers were very approachable and knowledgeable.

As a graduate of this school, and as a parent that will have a child there, I've always been pleased with Moore. My only problem is how the athletics are not as supported as they use to be. It's really sad considering the student body, when I was in school, was always involved. and allowed to show their school spirit. Other than that, the school is basically the same. Of course you always hear about drugs or whatever else, but that was a subject when I was in school, and not just in Moore. It was at the other schools as well. I wish you could say it will stop being a problem, but there will always be someone that will in school with that type of influence. As far as education, all three of the high schools are the same. The only difference is one is newer than the other. And newer doesn't always make everything the best. I can only hope that the principal will either be different by the time my child starts there, or there will be enough parental support to have him change his ideas on how sporting events should be conducted. It's hard to get excited about something if you can't cheer your team on.

We specifically moved to Moore, because the school ratings were so good. Well I think the education is horrible. In jr. high they are allowed to retake some test up to four times, they are allowed to turn in assignments late over and over again, they are allowed to make out on campus, and they have a drug problem. Now the High School, well they just do not care what the students do. You name it drugs, sex, grades, & etc. I was told there is nothing we can do about the drug problem. As far as the administration, well it is a bad as the schools themselves. I WOULD AVOID MOORE SCHOOLS AT ALL COST. PS.. The only reason they have such high marks on the academic side is because these kids are given chance after chance to turn in and redo their work. So why should they try.

My son just graduated from Moore High School and had a very good experience for a public school education. With a few exceptions, the teachers are very willing to help as long as the student puts out extra effort to master new concepts. The band program is fantastic, and the parents of band students are the most dedicated and hard-working parents I've ever encountered. The counselors were great to help my son navigate the maze of scholarship opportunities for college. Try NOT to get coaches for your science teachers....otherwise, a great experience overall.

As a parent, I was so impressed by the faculty and their efforts to transition freshmen from junior high to high school, that I wrote a letter of gratitude to the administration at the end of the school year. The FUSE program in place at MHS partners upperclassmen with incoming freshmen, building a community of support rather than intimidation and bullying. It launched my son into a high school career that has been stimulating and supportive from every angle, whether it be athletics, academics or extra-curricular. I am continually impressed at the efforts being made to find new ways to challenge my gifted son, even going outside the set curriculum because it wasn't anywhere near challenging enough for him. My son is also very athletic, and while the win/loss record doesn't reflect the effort and dedication the Lions possess, I wouldn't dream of having my son play for anyone in this city other than Coach Myers. I know first hand the lack of moral fortitude on the coaching staff across town, and while winning is certainly a goal, I'm incredibly pleased that my son plays for coaches who discourage supplements or putting their bodies "at risk" for the game. Very pleased with MHS!

I go to this school and I love it. I've been to many schools and I find this one top notch. People who say that it has a drug problem, is racist, show favoriteism, and has bad teachers is wrong. They must of got their high schools mixed with whereever they went. Believe me this is a great school. GOOOOO MOOORE LIOOONS!!!!!!

The teacher bullying and favortism is incredible! We really thought we came to a better school when we moved here from a different disctrict. On the contrary it seems we just jumped from the frying pan into the fire!

Don't beleive the hype. This school is a joke. If you like your children to be subjected to favoristism, teachers that gossip about other kids, having your kids go to school around racist kids, couselors that do not know what the Privacy Act means, very liberal come-as-you-go attendence policy, and principals that do not enforce nor care about the rules, then send your kid to this school.

As the parent of a learning lab child, I was very impressed with the principal and the teachers at Moore High School. The special services teachers were especially helpful. Moore High was a great experience for my child.

Last modified Moore High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.