Moore, OK

Posted May 27, 2015
My son has had the best teacher this year! I cannot sing her praises enough! He went to a different school in kindergarten and had the worst time, absolutely hated it, was bullied, cried everyday because he did not want to go. So first grade was okay he still was not thrilled about school. This year he had Mrs. Kirkham 2nd grade. She made all the difference. She was not only kind and caring, but fun. She brought him from a first grade reading level to a fifth and brought a spark back to my child that I have not seen in years! Now he loves to read and learn and is upset the year is coming to an end. I never thought I would hear that from my child. As for the school, these people are like a family and treat your kids like it. The Pta is the most involved I have seen.

Winding Creek Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 27, 2015
They are fair and it is even in their creed that they say every morning.

Winding Creek Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2014
My son's kindergarten teacher seems to be there for an easy paycheck. There is no teaching going on. Very disappointed with the whole school overall. I was at the office once and over heard that they had "lost" a kid. When there was a trip to mazzios , no one in the office seemed to know what was going on. Sucks that it's our first year and we still have many more that we will have to deal with a school who lacks everything.

Posted June 17, 2014
My child attended WC and all I can say is Great things about the Teachers and Staff, Remember there will always be one who you can count on to try and spoil the situation. Really considering going back to the area so my children may attend the school system again. There are Great people every where and some people that are just THEM! just deal with each situation accordingly. That's advise to all people.

Posted April 17, 2014
Great teachers and great school! I have to disagree about it being a bad school for minorities. My child is a minority and she isn't treated any different than any other kid at the school. The principal (Mrs. Gifford) really cares about education and the children. She is always willing to communicate with parents and is great at keeping the kids moral up. I see her every morning or in the parking lot getting the kids with a smile and a kind word. The teachers are amazing and are really great at teaching the child not just the class. We are proud Winding Creek Wildcats!

Winding Creek Elementary School 1

Posted March 17, 2014
Bad school when it comes to minorities. They will always be the one at fault. Parents be ready to receive telephone calls for any little thing.

Posted February 05, 2014
Nothing but a good experience so far having two girls at Winding Creek. I really like how the safety of the children is made a top priority, not just in word but in action as well. Strict pick-up procedures are enforced and the crossing guards are diligent and always cheerful. I have also seen firsthand how there is no tolerance for bullying. I sometimes think that my kids get too much homework but its hard to complain when they are doing so well, especially in the areas of reading and mathmatics which seems to be the main areas of focus. My kids have liked their teachers and enjoy being at school. Overall, I feel that this is a great school in a great and safe neighborhood.

Winding Creek Elementary School 3

Posted July 14, 2011
I feel having two special needs children in 3rd and 4th grade that Winding Creek has great potential but has not reached it yet for the Special Needs kids and good relationships with their parents including parent involvement and good communication. I hope they will continue to improve but I feel they have a long ways to go to earn a 5 star rating from me. I do agree that there are many great seasoned teachers at Winding Creek. I feel it is a luck of the draw what you get just like any other public school.

Posted March 09, 2009
Excellent leadership and great special education staff. The PTA and teachers are very involved and community involvement is extraordinary. It makes a daily drive from Moore worth it knowing my child is attending this school.

Posted September 18, 2006
My daughter went to school her whole life in a very small school in southern Oklahoma, so I was very worried about how she would adapt to a larger school in a much larger city. I have to say that she has really gotten a lot out of school, already. The teachers seem to be very interested in their students, they have lots of extracurricular activities available, and high academic goals are very apparant. I believe my daughter will benefit from the move to Winding Creek Elementary.

Winding Creek Elementary School
1401 Northeast 12th Street, Moore, OK  73160
Last modified Winding Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winding Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top