Bad
Good

Administration is a joke. I've had multiple kids there for a number of years and the ignorance of the counsler is surpring. There are a coulpe of OK teachers but the rest I've delt with shouldnt be guiding our teachers.

My children have been at Apple Creek since the 2010-2011 school year and the 1st 2 years were HORRIBLE. We had a principal who wasn't helpful, very immature, and the school was rampant with nepotism. Parent's felt very unwelcome. Thankfully this principal is no longer our problem. We welcomed a new Principal for the 2012-2013 school year and things have really changed! We are quite happy with the new leadership. She addresses your concerns, cares a lot about the school, and parents are welcome anytime. everything isn't perfect but they aren't horrible. We have 3 fifth grade teachers and two of them are quite unorganized, one more than the other. The really disorganized teacher loses papers and reports, doesn't realize she has already sent them home and has the parents searching for them. She expects a lot of forgiveness when it comes to her lack of responsibility but isn't forgiving to students who misplace items. It's quite clear she feels very entitled. Overall we are pleased with the school

I'm not happy with applecreek. The principal is not very helpful when you need her. My child attends there presently and hardly ever brings home homework. My child is not being challenged academically and as a result is bored at school. There's not gifted programs for gifted kids. Also, there's very little parent involvment in the school as I've only seen her teacher once since school has started. I'm considering next year enrolling my child in another public school or even private school. I would not recommend applecreek to anyone.

This is my daughter's first year at Apple Creek and I have been very disappointed in the school. My daughter is in 1st grade and is swamped with worksheets daily. It is to the point where she is not enjoying school. As a former educator, I expected the teaching method to be more of a hands on approach. When I addressed this issue with the administrator, I was told there was not any room for 'fluff' due to API scores. Too bad this school has came to teaching to tests and not the childs individual need. Maybe if the school combined academics and a little bit of 'fluff the students will retain the information better to reproduce higher API scores.

Apple Creek is a great place to be. The principal is very friendly and has an open door policy. The teachers are fabulous! I have a son in 6th grade and a daughter in 3rd. Both of my children have had an excellent experience. I would highly recommend enrolling your children at Apple Creek Elementary.

I have two children here and they couldn't be happier! My kids love their teachers and the principal, who is exceptionally nice. I find the staff very helpful and kind. The teachers seem to be happy and smiling whenever we are there. Overall, I feel my children are getting a great education and feel very comfortable there.

Both my kids go here and we love it!! Principal is great, teachers are great and my kids love it. Sounds like the other two are the exception, not the rule!

The principal did not show any leadership ability and did nothing to resolve my consistent problems with my son's teacher. As a result, I transferred my son before Christmas break. F

Last modified Apple Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.