Posted February 11, 2014
My son is in 7th grade at Highland West and loves it. He likes all his teachers and the extra curricular activities that are offered. I like his teachers too since they have all been in contact with me either by phone call, email, or text message. I'm really impressed with his science and math teachers. He has taken a great liking to geography since the school year started; and, I think that is because of the teacher. The band director is enthusiastic and fun which makes band cool (and not nerdy). The English teachers are introducing him to different genres of literature which my son is finding challenging; but, I think it's broadening his views. My son doesn't have any problems with bullying. He rides the bus home from school without any problems. He is a type 1 diabetic and while it took a couple months getting his diabetes management figured out for middle school, it did get done and now it's all good. Thank you teachers!

Highland West Junior High School 1

Posted August 13, 2013
This school was the main reason we pulled ours out to homeschool. My husband and I both attended this school, and its sad to see how bad its gotten. This school needs a change in admin. We were given the excuse that there is so much diversity in this school that its just hard for them to control the bullying. Fights from breakfast, to lunch to after school. They only enforce the rules on some of the kids the rest they gave up on and let them do whatever. I spent a whole year being given one excuse after another for the bullying, and the lack of supervision during lunches etc. A police officer is on grounds at all times, and its not for the safety of the kids, But one officer cant keep all the kids that want to learn, safe from the even more amounts of kids that do not care. Parental involvement is slim to none. I would not recommend going here until major changes happen, and rules are enforced.

Highland West Junior High School 1

Posted May 15, 2013
Moved from Western Heights schools to Highland West school. My child is biracial and it this was not a good move for us. The schools are not very diverse. Some of the teachers seem to pick on my children. When addressing issues to Principal, not ever gets resolved. Wish I wouldn't have bought a home here, and done some extra research.

Posted July 21, 2009

Posted November 06, 2008

Posted May 08, 2008
This school is well organized and has expesional staff, I would go nowhere else.

Highland West Junior High School 4

Posted March 25, 2008

Posted February 01, 2008
I love this school! Never in my life have i actually wanted to get involved as much as i want to here. I am a NJHS officer, basketball and football manager, im in STUCO(student counsel) and in recycling club. I know this school inside and out. It has definetly been a brilliant experience attending this school for three years.

Highland West Junior High School 0

Posted November 17, 2007
We moved into the Moore School System a few years ago. Prior that that, we lived in another state. I have 3 children. Never before have I been so satisfied with a school. I have had dealings with 4 other school systems, as well as a private school, and none were up to par. The fact that we have been dealing with this school for 2 years and I haven't had to confront a teacher/principal/superintendent is a testament to how well this school is doing. I can even keep up with my child's grades and attendence online with a login and password.

Highland West Junior High School 4

Posted October 20, 2007
I attend this school and I think it's great. You can tell the teachers are putting as much effort as possible into the students learning. Although some teachers do only assign work book pages or outlines, no matter how boring it may be, your learning more than some people. Lunch is chaos though! People are always getting in front of others and they act like it's nothing. I'll be in the middle of the line at one minute and at the end another. It's unfair because I only get a few minutes to eat.

Highland West Junior High School
901 North Santa Fe Avenue, Moore, OK  73160
Last modified Highland West Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland West Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top