Muldrow High School

Public | 9-12

Posted May 6, 2014

As a parent I am outraged that a public school will not provide textbooks to my child. How are they expected to learn anything? The principal and councilor will not return a phone call so forget trying to communicate with them about your child. Worse school ever!

Posted May 16, 2013

Very happy that they removed the Ten Commandments from the school walls. This is a public school, and paid for by taxpayers (who may not be Christian). Also, that whole Constitution thing... Hey, let's throw that out the window. When you want to post texts from the Quran or other religious texts, not to mention Atheists & Agnostics, and when the Constitution is deemed nullified, then go ahead and post the 10 commandments. Use logic, people.

Posted September 12, 2008

I just think it's great that my kids can go to school in a moral and safe environment where learning is top and school spirit is waaay up there.

Posted May 17, 2007

This school has gotten too strict with all their rules!

Posted April 20, 2007

My goodness, what are we parents coming to if a school is strict and holds the students accountable for their actions and morals? How dare a school try to keep its campus and learners clean, uplifted, full of good U.S.A citizenship and do its best to instill good character traits and morals? That's the problem with the youth of today.... Parents don't back our schools, they just want to criticize because their Little Johnny got in trouble. All of us at one time or another have done something that may deserve a punishment. I see no reason to discredit a school for trying to point students in the right direction. Mother of a Senior 2007

Posted December 20, 2006

My daughter is a senior at Muldrow High, and I am very supportive of the school system. This year they have implemented an online gradebook system so that parents can check out their own students grades, assignments, and even absences in each class. The teachers are available not only during school hours but most tutor outside of school as well and hold extensive study groups near end-of-instruction testing time. The extracurricular department isn't the best in the nation, but when compared to the surrounding area it isn't lacking. They offer basketball, football, baseball, softball, quiz bowl, cherokee quiz bowl, dance team, cheerleading, and many service organizations that provide students with an opportunity to get community service hours for college scholarships. They take academics seriously, and I hope my child will come back and raise her children in this school system.

Posted November 15, 2005

I have two children in Muldrow school system and I believe the school in an over all is pretty good. It does need an internet access for the parents and the students so they can go and find out about there grades and any work they might still have out that is due. I have my children bring there grades home every Friday and I understand sometimes this is alot for the teachers, but as I stated before if there was a web site I could go to and check the grades for myself I would not need to bother the treachers. I believe we should be informed sooner if our children are having trouble in a class or they are just being lazy. I do not believe that it should wait until the have a D or worse.

Posted September 30, 2005

This is the first year at this school for my children. i was very disappointed to find out that there is very little to offer my children in the extra curricular activies. unless you play football baseball or basketball, there is nothing else. they do offer marching band, but lack in the strings,orchestra, soccer,tennis, rock climbing, plays, dances,swimming, jazz.see where i am going? if there were more out there to offer the students, there would be very little time to get bored. everyone has their talents and passions, it is hard to shine here. the learning is great tho. very giving teachers in the learning department . my hats off to them for that.

Posted September 6, 2005

this school is the best as far as academics in the surronding area but there athletics program has a lot to be desired.

Posted March 1, 2005

I think the corporal punishment rule is wrong and I disagree with it, and I think this school is too strict on the students. I have a daughter in the tenth grade at this school.

Posted August 10, 2003

I have had two children graduate from muldrow high school I slso have one in the tenth I think it is a great school.

Grade level

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 87% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 81% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 58% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 91% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III

The state average for English III was 96% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 89% in 2013.

56 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 81% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests End-of-Instruction (OCCT EOI) exams to test students in high school in several subjects. The OCCT EOI is a high school graduation requirement. The OCCT EOI exams are standards-based tests, which means they measure specific skills defined for each subject by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 65%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

801 West Shawntel Smith Blvd