Muskogee High School 4

Posted December 19, 2014
This school is probably the best in the county, far above Hilldale, academically and disciplinary wise. I may only have been going here a short time but the teachers are exceptional in what they do, and all of them care about the well-being of their students. The principals are smart, Mrs. Charboneau is funny too, she walks around the halls looking for people who think sag is SWAG so she can give them a zip-tie to hold their pants up.

Posted October 10, 2014
My Daughter graduated from MHS and did well. She loved the school and her teachers. She now attends the University of Oklahoma. Muskogee Public Schools prepared her well for higher education. I would highly recommend MHS to anyone looking for an exceptional high school for their children.

Muskogee High School 3

Posted May 28, 2014
Most of the bad is from the lack of funding. Mostly from being in a low income town. Low pay = low taxes payed. You get what you pay for. That's why you want your kid to go to Harvard and not a JR college. MHS is like a JR college DUR you don't see Harvard pay in town! And Oklahoma lowering taxes in a time of mass Inequality all over. Also Teachers having to deal with the poor kids that have less background for learning. 6 years ago there was 1 out of 4 adults that can't read. That gets passed on to their kids and the teachers are set up for failure in other words. Being test standards that seem to be aimed from a higher income city where there are more resources for learning. BUT! in the light of low pay there have been changed laptops are now given to the kids for the school year. The WIFI being the poor parents can't afford it is a issue but is being worked on. Free WIFI is coming sometime! It all is dependent of wages going up to support such growth! Over all MHS is norm! Teachers are good etc. it all goes to the towns income and support for growth!

Posted May 31, 2012
I am proud of my Rougher family! We have came so far, and we continue to grow academically and environmentally. We have an amazing staff, principal, and our student leadership is without a doubt above the best of the best. We have room for improvement as does any school; the difference is we are not afraid to admit it, and then work dilligently to solve it!

Muskogee High School 3

Posted June 05, 2011
I graduated from Muskogee High School in 2009. I was in the top 15% of my class. School is what you make it. The teachers were okay,some cared,some didn't. I really enjoyed Mrs.Owens,she teaches English,and AP English,which is the class I was in. I never had any disciplinary problems,but from what I seen,I felt that the school handled them the best way they could. I do agree with the poster about the school spending too much on the football team,which was below average,in my opinion. I feel that some of the teachers let the football players have a pass when it came to their schoolwork just because they played football,and that goes for other students who played other sports as well. I wish they that would have given more recognition to the students with good grades and attendance than to the students who played sports. Overall,this school was satisfactory. I don't think that the classes prepared you well for college unless you took AP classes,if you didn't,then you probably wouldn't have been prepared for college. But I did enjoy the effort that the College Center put into providing resources for college bound seniors.

Posted May 25, 2011
I am responding to the parent who cannot spell "ridiculous". Her comment about academics is ridiculous. Muskogee High School is not only a "Best Practice" school but was recently named a "National School of Character", one of only three in the Nation. I graduated from Muskogee High and now I get to teach here. That's the coolest thing.

Muskogee High School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
As a parent of 3 children who graduated from MHS and a 4th who is currently a student, I can say that MHS has improved greatly over the past 4 to 5 years. There has been a lot of improvement in the social climate (including relationships between students and teachers), academics, extracuriccular offerings, and pride and morale. As a parent who is there quite a bit I see great changes and ex-pect it to get even better.

Muskogee High School 1

Posted January 24, 2010

Muskogee High School 0

Posted May 19, 2009
'We' my son, his dad and I have not been happy with MHS, with some teachers, classes, discipline and Soccer.

Posted December 11, 2008

Muskogee High School
3200 East Shawnee Road, Muskogee, OK  74403
Last modified Muskogee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Muskogee High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top