Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grant-Foreman Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 15, 2016
There is an angel at Grant Foreman Elementary. A special angel who works on earth and hides her wings under her clothes. Her name is Mrs. Pool. Mrs. Pool has always been completely supportive and encouraging in the three years she has taught my son. She was there for him in such a big way when his dad died and was a lifeline when we both felt like we were drowning. She would tell me I could do this, when, without my husband, I felt weak, helpless, and scared. She showed me how to fight for my son, who was finally diagnosed with ADHD and Asperger's. When he has meltdowns or days when he is completely ugly and or mean to other students she is beyond patient with him and keeps me constantly informed and is always available to answer my questions. She has been so understanding as different medications and dosages have been tried only to have to start all over again with something else. That is something we're still trying to perfect, hopefully, soon. She has encouraged me, letting me know that I CAN do this, that I am a good parent and that my son is a good, smart boy. So many others would've given up on him. But, not Mrs. Pool. She never gives up. She fights for and loves her students. My son has gone from an insecure, frightened little boy to a confidant one, for the most part. He is on the Superintendent's Honor Roll and has gotten many other awards, all because of an earth Angel who I really think deserves badly to be recognized and honored for the miracle she has done with my son and with me. Even if she never receives the accolades she deserves on this earth, I know her reward will be great one day. I'm sure her wings will be guided with gold, if they aren't already.

Grant-Foreman Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2015
What happened to no child left behind? If your child needs any extra attention this is not the school for them. My child will be transferred next year.

Grant-Foreman Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2014
My granddaughter attended this school K-3. K-2 were great years. She was student of the month and not one disciplinary action! Last year was awful. Did not like how she was treated and as you can see this school is rated 3 out of 10. Do not expect the principal to take a students side against a teacher, no matter what!

Grant-Foreman Elementary School 5

Posted November 05, 2008
I think my daughter is learning lots of stuff for just being in Kindergarten. I like how the teachers are involved in thier students and I also feel that this is one of the best schools in Muskogee.

Grant-Foreman Elementary School 2

Posted September 29, 2007
My daughter has just recently started attending this school, but I am very concerned of her understanding of the teachers and there expectations. I am concerned that they are relying more on technology to teach for them instead of working directly with the kids. She loves the school and the people are really nice, I just feel that the teachers are not doing enough teaching and the computers are there compensation and if that is the case my daughter and as i am learning many other kids will be lost in the system. This is one of the causes for drop out rates and bad behavior if they can't do it know they just give up. And instead of looking stupid they start believing they are and they start acting out to look stupid so (nobody will notice they are dumb) and they aren't they just need individual teaching.

Grant-Foreman Elementary School
800 South Bacone Street, Muskogee, OK  74403
Last modified Grant-Foreman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.