Bad
Good

My children have attended school at Hilldale for 14 yrs. My oldest graduated in 2015, and I have a freshman, 6th grader & a pre-schooler. If I was starting over with my oldest going to pre-school I would hands down choose Hilldale again.

I was an exchange student for few months in Hilldale, I study math on basic level in my home country, and they put me in Algebra 2, not only I noticed that I've studied algebra 2 in Junior high, also the teaching was really poor (my brother who is on 8th grade had more advanced math problems than I did). Hilldale's Art program is a joke, Art teacher is ok, but the time we spent in each "project" was max 3 days. My commitment to education teacher was *very* mean to me. imagine exchange student struggling with language and in different culture, and then there's a teacher who's mean to her. And I though that americans would want me to enjoy my stay here. obviously not. School use barely any technology, seriously, smartboards are made to make teacher's job more easy, not helping student to achieve more.. school has ridiculously strict rules (I understand dress code): no cell phones at all (you couldn't even check time from your phone), no any electronic devices (mp3 players, ipods etc. you name it), you couldn't go to your locker during lunch. and the school food was awful (salad bar was good, but all the other stuff, yuck.) All this time I spent in Hilldale I was stressed really bad.

I feel something I said earlier makes me seem illiterate and whiney. Forget what I said about my spanish teacher, and I would like to say that now that I've put my glasses on, I know how to spell Physics. I don't enjoy being a Hilldale but many people are understanding and fair.

I have gone to Hilldale since preschool and is currently a Junior. When I was going there I wasn't learning hardly anything cuz the teachers wouldn't help you and they wouldn't hardly teach. Plus everytime I walked through those doors for school i got scared. I finally made the move and I now go to Oktaha. Since I've been there I've learned alot and I'm not scared anymore. It feels great walking into a school where you know you'll be safe and where they have alot of school spirit and do alot of things with their students to help them learn

I don't really know how the school is now but I can tell you as a former student of first grade to senior year I would have been much better equipped had I went to another school. I actually left one school to come back to Hilldale because my parents felt that I wasn't being given a comparable education and I wasn't. Once I started taking 'real' classes I learned quickly where Hilldale completely failed me as a student. Their so called college cirriculam was nothing of the sort, not even close. If I would have known then what I know now I would have chose to go to the private school that I wanted to go to but my parents chose to leave me at Hilldale because of a supposed track record. Thank god I am successful now in spite of the futile classes I went through.

My son is only in pre-K at Hilldale, but so far I have had no problems at all. I'm actually amazed at how much he has learned this year. He loves his teacher and school. I will definately keep my kids in Hilldale. And for all those people that think certain people get treated better than others, it's like that in every school, welcome to the real world.

I am a student at Hilldale High School and have attended Hilldale Public Schools since pre-school. I honestly think that I am wasting my time at this school. No dicipline and teachers that don't care, just doesn't make a good learning environment. Athletes are favored and students that work hard but just can't seem to understand are simply thrown into a corner. Teachers almost refuse to help when a student doesn't understand something so students refer to other students, even when they are actually trying to figure it out and not cheating they are accused of it by the teacher that is refusing to help. I am certain that if given the chance again, my parents would not have moved into the Hilldale School District but into another....Fort Gibson is nearby.

Hilldale is the most outstanding school I have found for my children. Five out of our nine children have graduated Hilldale High School with Honors. The curriculum continues to get better each year. The extra curriculum activities Hilldale has to offer is awesome. The parents, teachers ,students as well as our principle all work together. This is what makes Hilldale work. This is what makes Hilldale a success. I have always given Hilldale a high rating and I will continue to do so. Students, parents and principal of Hilldale High School of Muskogee Oklahoma, I again give you a 10.

Last modified Hilldale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.