Newcastle, OK

Newcastle Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2012
We been in the Newcastle Public School System for 4 years now. We are very pleased with the overall quality of the school. Our son continues to make gains in his overall developement. I highly recommend Newcastle if you are looking for a new school.

Newcastle Elementary School 0

Posted August 10, 2009
I have had four children go through the Newcastle Public School System. The teachers, administration, and community work together to make this a great school system. Every effort is made by the administration and community to give the students and teachers the very best as far as the buildings, technology, curriculum, and supplies-so that students can succeed. Parents also play a key role in supporting the school system and teachers. Those parents who are active in their child's learning development, and supportive of their teacher will see nothing but success in their child's education.

Newcastle Elementary School 4

Posted June 17, 2009
We just moved here from the OKC Moore area and we love it. My kids are doing outstanding and we love the teachers! This may be a small town but the schools surpass any system I have ever been involved with.

Newcastle Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2009
My son has attended Newcastle Elementary School for two years and I have been very pleased with the progress that I have seen in his education. We have had only positive experiences with his teachers as well. You can tell that the teachers at Newcastle love the children that are in their classrooms and are interested in helping them succeed. I have been in other school districts and am very pleased to say that my children attend Newcastle Elementary School. From the principal and teachers to the bus driver on my sons school bus, thank you for all that you do to make my sons feel welcomed and loved.

Newcastle Elementary School 2

Posted December 19, 2008
My daughter has attended this school for less than 1 year. She is in second grade and way behind what she learned in first grade at her previous school. This is my first experience with an Oklahoma public school and I am not impressed. Private school is very expensive, but if you want your child to learn, it is the only way to go.

Posted October 18, 2008
Newcastle is a great school in many ways. we have had children attending for a number of years and have worked with many teachers. There are some areas we would like to see improved; more stress on academic achievement, less on athletics, more hiring of qualified educators, more money put into programs such as drama, music,art, along with gifted programs in all areas(not all students play football) It would be great to have principals who not only love their work, but show they love the children and are efficient in motivating teachers to be the best they can be.

Newcastle Elementary School 5

Posted November 18, 2007

Posted June 13, 2006
We have had children in Newcastle Schools for 10 years now and have had several positive experiences. However, there have been a few draw backs. The principals are not very parent friendly and one negative of going to a small community school is that there are not nearly as many oppurtunities as larger schools, i.e. drama, debate, more than Spanish as foreign language, etc. For the most part the teachers have been great although there are several that are tenure teachers that administration has made clear will not be going anywhere because of how long they have been there and by who they are related too. Another draw back to small town schools - the good ole'boy system.

Newcastle Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2004
I have a child that goes to our school, he has had very good teachers and a strong leadership. With the addition of a new principal I think things will only get better. I am from newcastle and am proud to raise my child in this school system. I beleive there are and will be very good opertunities for not only mine but all the childern in this system.

Posted May 30, 2004
My son attended the first two years of school in Newcastle. Mrs. Steen is the best! Any child would be lucky to have her. I was not impressed with [another teacher he had]. She hated her job, it was evident by the way she treated the children. I did not think it was funny that the children called her the meany. My child left that class hating school and crying not to return. But I know that if we would have stayed in Newcastle, my son would have been blessed with many great teachers in the future. The 2nd grade staff was wonderful. I believe all of the problems in the building could have been solved with stronger leadership.

Newcastle Elementary School
418 Northwest 10th Street, Newcastle, OK  73065
Last modified Newcastle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newcastle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top