Posted March 26, 2014
My oldest completed all years at Cleveland and I have two more going through now. I have nothing but positive things to say for this incredible school. First of all the principal and staff are outstanding... but also consider that you're getting more diversity here than at most Westside schools. You're going to get a good socioeconomic mix, huge parental involvement and good kids. Bullying isn't tolerated. Kids aren't spoiled rotten. The principal plans the most amazing and memorable experiences for the 5th graders. My children love their school and, quite seriously, I cried when my son graduated. The only thing you should consider is the feeding pattern. Cleveland feeds into Whittier/ Norman North and we transferred to Alcott/ Norman High, liking those choices more for our family. I have been so impressed with Alcott I will make that transfer for our other two also, but they're all good schools.

Posted October 20, 2013
I like the enthusiasm and care that the Principal and Staff bring each day. I appreciate the high standards, high level of parent involvement, and strong PTA commitment. Our family has great memories of my daughter's years at Cleveland, and I believe the staff gave her a great educational foundation.

Posted October 20, 2013
We have been lucky enough to have all four of our children at this school and I will say that there is no other school that I would want them to be at. This is a school where the Principal teachers and staff truly care about the children. I appreciate the high standards, high level of parent involvement, and strong PTA commitment as well. Our family has great memories from Cleveland that will continue to be in our hearts. Thank you for setting the standard of how early education should be.

Posted October 20, 2013
I am a past parent, we had such a good experience at Cleveland Elementary. My three children attended from 2004-2010. Best elementary we attended for all our elementary years (out of 3). Thank you Mr. Bell.

Posted May 27, 2013
Cleveland is AWESOME!!!! The teachers are so wonderful and enthusiastic! Mr. Bell is a fabulous principal! Together, they make school FUN!

Posted September 24, 2010
I love Cleveland!! The teacher's my children have had are exceptional!! At cleveland the addministration is determined to be the best not only in the classroom but also on the field. Here we have the best of all worlds! Number one in the state in Test scores and always contending for campionships in all sports!! Cleveland school can't be beat!!

Cleveland Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2009
Both of my kids attend Cleveland and we do feel fortunate to live in such a great district. I wouldn't say that academic standards are rigorous though. We have had mixed results with the abitlity and dedication of teachers there but overall it is a great school.

Posted April 24, 2008
I can not be more pleased with the overall academic rigor of the school. I have 2 children who both excell in their studies, but I am pleased to say they must work for their good grades. I have several friends who transfer their Children to Cleveland from other local schools. I believe Cleveland has the most request of parents to transfer their children into the school compared to other schools in Norman.

Posted September 27, 2006
Cleveland is a very close-knit, supportive school with high academics and a caring, well-trained faculty and staff. We feel fortunate to live in this district.

Cleveland Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2005
In general, I have found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I have had many conversations with the principal, and she has always been approachable and understanding. While we may have had our differences in opinion, her concern truly seems to be the health and well-being of the students in her charge.

Cleveland Elementary School
500 North Sherry Avenue, Norman, OK  73069
Last modified Cleveland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cleveland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top