Eisenhower Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2012
I absolutely do not like the open school concept. I feel that it is very disruptive to the children. My child has fallen behind since we have moved to this school. There are so many new teachers and they just always seem so overwhelmed. We will be moving to a new school district. It does not seem that there is a lot of parent involvement either.

Eisenhower Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2009

Eisenhower Elementary School 0

Posted December 19, 2008
I love this school. My daughter has learned alot since she has been there. She was bored with regular math and now she is in advanced math. They try to advance kids and teach at their level. The only thing that I do not like is that they don't have walls.

Posted October 08, 2008
I am shocked to see Eisenhower ranked at only an 8. It is one of the best elementary schools in Norman. My son has also gone to Private school and a 'blue ribbon' elementary school in Norman before we moved into the Eisenhower school district, and we love this school more than any other attended. The teachers are well trained, caring and very dedicated to the students. The open school is actually a blessing as our children learn to work under real life circumstances, wherease the closed rooms mislead children to only be able to excell under extrreme quiet. Also the open school allows for more accountability from the teachers as all can be seen with just a manuevering of the eye. Great school! We love it!

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted August 14, 2008
Eisenhower elementary is absolutely the best. After attending private schools for several years, my children attended one year in Oklahoma City public schools. The results were beyond horrible. They actually lost ground, and were miserable doing it. So when we moved to Norman, OK, we checked out several of the schools before buying our home in the Eisenhower district. The floor plan is open similar to their previous private school, the teachers are engaged and active in helping each child do his best, and the gifted program provided just the extra outlet that the children needed. This year, Norman boasted 16 National Merit Scholars. The University here provides wonderful extra-curricular events and activities, and is always there as a reminder of future goals. You would do well to locate near Eisenhower elementary if you have a choice.

Eisenhower Elementary School 3

Posted April 03, 2008
This is an open school system which means there are no walls seperating classrooms. Partitions, shelves, chalkboards and etc. seperate room from room, but it is very busy and can be overwhelming. The staff is friendly. I'm not impressed with the NPS system of teaching reading... it's a whole language approach (they call it balanced literacy), but there is no basic learning system. It's not good. Not enough structure and not enough emphasis on phonics. Focus is on sight words. I don't feel they are very on the ball about catching issues your child may have, either educationally or socially. This may be due to the fact that class sizes are high (about 23 per class) and the growing school doesn't have quite enough space.

Posted August 14, 2005

Posted April 11, 2005
High Quality Faculty and Staff. Excellent elementary school with something to offer for the 'Whole Student.' Very please with our choice. Jennifer Thomas-2nd Grade Parent

Eisenhower Elementary School
1415 Fairlawn Drive, Norman, OK  73071
Last modified Eisenhower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eisenhower Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top