Bad
Good

Bad experience with most teachers and staff Bad experience for my children, I would get a call every other day telling my son was being bullied and nothing was being done about it. My son peed on himself because the parent on playground duty would not allow him to use the restroom and he spent the day with pee all over him and never got a call, when I picked him up from school he still had pee all over him. Completely disgusted with this school, they need mostly all new staff

I do not like the open classrooms, they are very distracting. I do not understand why candy is given for good work instead of points to bring up grades! Not sure how that is an educational reward. When I went to school, good work was rewarded with points & helping other kids that were having a hard time. Sometimes, another child can help someone understand the problem on a kids level. It worked great for many years, don't know why it stopped. What happened to the prizes of a free pan pizza for reading so many books instead of silly stringing a teacher? I had a son that was a spead reader & got several pizzas in 1 week, we made a deal with the teacher & he helped some of the other kids, at the end of the week they put together all of the prizes & had a party for the class (instead of a snack). They were all so proud of thereselves & reading became fun. Needs to bring back some basic skills.

I hate Eisenhower! The school is an open concept ( no walls). This makes it difficult for the kids to focus. The principle is always in her office and if you talk to her about a concern she does not address it She nods her head and agrees with you but never takes any action. She is an absent principle. The Pre-K teacher does the bare minimum and has no creativity. My child has fallen backwards in her classroom. I am now doing the teaching when she returns home from her social hour at school. Their is no supervision out in front of the school or inside the front doors. Children are wondering around outside, in front of the office, lunchroom, hallways, bathrooms, and gym in the mornings. Anyone can come and go during this time. Parents are parking in the drop off lane and getting out leaving everyone else to go around their car. Parents are making a second drop off lane and children are walking between cars. A child is going to get ran over. The schools rating is dropping each year and the staff does not seem to care. We bought a house in this district less than a year ago and we will be selling our home and searching for another one as soon as finances allow.

I absolutely do not like the open school concept. I feel that it is very disruptive to the children. My child has fallen behind since we have moved to this school. There are so many new teachers and they just always seem so overwhelmed. We will be moving to a new school district. It does not seem that there is a lot of parent involvement either.

I love this school. My daughter has learned alot since she has been there. She was bored with regular math and now she is in advanced math. They try to advance kids and teach at their level. The only thing that I do not like is that they don't have walls.

I am shocked to see Eisenhower ranked at only an 8. It is one of the best elementary schools in Norman. My son has also gone to Private school and a 'blue ribbon' elementary school in Norman before we moved into the Eisenhower school district, and we love this school more than any other attended. The teachers are well trained, caring and very dedicated to the students. The open school is actually a blessing as our children learn to work under real life circumstances, wherease the closed rooms mislead children to only be able to excell under extrreme quiet. Also the open school allows for more accountability from the teachers as all can be seen with just a manuevering of the eye. Great school! We love it!

Eisenhower elementary is absolutely the best. After attending private schools for several years, my children attended one year in Oklahoma City public schools. The results were beyond horrible. They actually lost ground, and were miserable doing it. So when we moved to Norman, OK, we checked out several of the schools before buying our home in the Eisenhower district. The floor plan is open similar to their previous private school, the teachers are engaged and active in helping each child do his best, and the gifted program provided just the extra outlet that the children needed. This year, Norman boasted 16 National Merit Scholars. The University here provides wonderful extra-curricular events and activities, and is always there as a reminder of future goals. You would do well to locate near Eisenhower elementary if you have a choice.

This is an open school system which means there are no walls seperating classrooms. Partitions, shelves, chalkboards and etc. seperate room from room, but it is very busy and can be overwhelming. The staff is friendly. I'm not impressed with the NPS system of teaching reading... it's a whole language approach (they call it balanced literacy), but there is no basic learning system. It's not good. Not enough structure and not enough emphasis on phonics. Focus is on sight words. I don't feel they are very on the ball about catching issues your child may have, either educationally or socially. This may be due to the fact that class sizes are high (about 23 per class) and the growing school doesn't have quite enough space.

Last modified Eisenhower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.