Bad
Good

Posted May 09, 2014
I've been to many schools in Oklahoma- from John Marshall to Deer Creek. When I first moved to Norman, I didn't expect Irving to be decent. After my first WEEK there, I could see that I was wrong. I immediately made plenty of friends (without even getting that involved into clubs, sports, etc). Everyone is kind here, and not at all stuck up or "ghetto". It's a perfect school. Not at all cliquish. I have a hard time concentrating on what I actually should be learning, I usually concentrate on how the teacher teaches us. With this school, it was a completely different case. I learned so much in such a short amount of time. I also LOVE the extra curriculum options, so many. Also, just a little heads up, the Spanish classes are the best I've taken!

Posted November 24, 2011
My daughter has been at Irving for a year and a half. She loves it there and has flourished. I can tell that she respects her teachers and thinks they respect her. I can easily check up in her grades. When she got off track with choices at school, I was contacted by teachers. We were able to steer her back and I felt the teachers were supportive of my daughter and myself. I would be comfortable to request a meeting with teachers at any time. My daughter is now involved with sports and I'm impressed with the coach. I have observed him emphasize character to his team, not just sports strategies. We're happy!

Posted January 26, 2009
this school is great all the teachedrs can become your best friends they have great curricular outstanding acheivments and more

Posted June 08, 2008
I am a student at this school and i absolutly love it. The teachers are very sweet, and care for each and every one of us. They all push as to do a good job. And when we do do are very best the reward us. I love it!

Posted June 04, 2008
I go to Irving and I think its a great school...it gives us(the student body) an opportunity to be a little more independent and not rely on our teachers so much. If a parent still must be involved they can sign up for parent connect that gives them constant updates on students grades, assignments, and activities. Irving is a great place to be and I can't wait till next year! Go IMS!

Irving Middle School 1

Posted December 25, 2007
The school is not emotionally, or physically safe for middle school students. The teachers care a lot but the kids are left without enough supervision at recess, lunch, and in the halls between classes. They are left to their own resources, and are not specifically taught how to solve conflict respectfully. Instead when conflict occurs the school just 'puts out the fire' and moves on. This creates a very emotionally threatening environment for students.

Irving Middle School 4

Posted May 16, 2006
Great Teachers who really care, well-balanced ciriculum, and many opportunities for students to suceed.

Irving Middle School