Posted August 19, 2014
My son has gone to Jackson from pre-K through 4th (presently). This is a great school and has some very dedicated and caring teachers. Dr. Stevens is driven to ensure that the educational standards are at their highest and students have a open and caring environment to thrive. There is not enough amazing things that can be said about Jackson or its staff.

Posted April 12, 2013
Jackson elementary has an amazing staff. Mrs. Magee and Mrs. Terry are AWESOME kindergarten teachers. I have had children in both classes and these teachers are so caring and loving. My children can be a handful but this teachers lovingly handled them. The relationships will last forever. The entire school is full of great teachers and students. the cultural diversity makes it an amazing place to learn!!!

Jackson Elementary School 4

Posted December 19, 2012
Great teachers--especially Mrs. Magee and Mrs. Wheeler--they really cares about the students. The principal is nice but I think he could be more involved in making Jackson great. We have lost some fantastic teachers in some of the upper grades over the past few years. (Mrs Leader and Mr. Tally) The new addition is awesome but it makes the rest of the school look dingy. The administration should look into painting the "old" school and removing mold from exterior. Also, there are still modular classrooms even with the addition. We have a lot of English second language children -with two great teachers, however given the population we could use two more. We also need more Reading Specialist. Parents at this school, for the most part, are fantastic--very involved. Several substitute teachers are parents of children at the school. The PTA is awesome and the teacher liason for the PTA is very active. The children at the school are taught to be respectful of others and are exposed to children of all backgrounds. The library is well stocked, however, I think it would be nice if the librarian could do actual lesson plans.

Posted February 10, 2012
My son started attending this school last year. (2010/11) We were all very unhappy with his 4th grade teacher. We actually considered transferring him out of Jackson but, we are so happy we stayed. His teacher is Mr. Tally and he is amazing. My son is a whole new kid who loves school now. I couldn't be happier with this teacher. All of Jackson s office staff, principle, counselor, librarian, etc are very pleasant to deal with.

Posted May 30, 2011
My son is moving into 2nd grade, and so far the staff including the principal has been fantastic. We are looking forward to sending our younger boy in 2012.

Posted January 12, 2010
I have had children in several schools in Norman, and this staff is spectacular!

Posted September 23, 2009

Jackson Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Focus's on creativity and serving the community

Jackson Elementary School 0

Posted August 28, 2009
This is an awesome school! My daughter is now at Alcott MS but started going to Jackson when she was in the second grade. My son has gone there since he was in K and is now in 3rd grade. I would reccomend this school to anyone.

Posted December 01, 2008
We are quite pleased with the school. Our child is in the 2nd grade now; he began attending in the 1st. His teacher, Mrs. Bruton, was great. She dealt with whatever concerns we had, yet was unbelieveably calm and in charge no matter what. Same with Ms. Dickinson this year. From what we can see, they are all great, though. Same with 2nd grade. Seems like most of the teachers have been there a while. The office staff is friendly and helpful.

Jackson Elementary School
520 Wylie Road, Norman, OK  73069
Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top