Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2014
This is the worst school to send your child to, my family is being harrassed by my nephew teachers and the principal. We have had Dhs called on us twice, because he had bruises on him which sometimes he comes home with them, he is a very active boy this is ridiculous,Dhs never found anything wrong the first 2 times, so than the school called the cops, and my nephew has a speech problem to this is clearly harrassment. If anyone who has a tough boy that likes to jump and play don't send them to this school.

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
My daughter is in her second year at Jefferson. She went for Pre K and is now in Kindergarten. Her teacher last year was fantastic. This year her teacher is just as awesome. The only issues we have had are with other students, the front office lady, and the PE teacher. The front office lady has been downright hateful to my five year old multiple times. So much so that I felt it necessary to contact the principal. The PE teacher is just not really a kid person. She's not so friendly to adults either, actually. The problems we have had with the other students have definitely caused some stress. There are several boys in my daughter's kindergarten class who bully her and other girls. They call names, kick, etc. I'm aware that kids don't always make the best choices but I feel like it happens a lot. We have also had issues with boys kissing her and other inappropriate things. The schoolThe school has a fairly wide range of income levels, races, and social classes. Some children don't speak english well. There is a new principal this year who seems to be very "no nonsense". She is doing great so far. Overall we like the school. But they definitely have some areas that need improvement.

Posted August 23, 2012
We have only experience good teachers. The principal is amazing. My daughter has learned so much and the structure has helped her behavior too. Teachers have open communication and seem to actually LOVE their jobs. I wouldn't want my daughter anywhere else!

Posted July 20, 2010
We love this school so much! The principal is wonderful. Teacher turnover rate is low, parent involvement is high and the programs offered are great!

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2006

Jefferson Elementary School
250 North Cockrel Avenue, Norman, OK  73071
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top