Norman, OK

Posted May 08, 2015
My daughter has excelled so much at this school! The open door classrooms are very different however it doesn't stop the teachers and students from learning and taking the initiative to further their students education.

Posted May 08, 2015
My child loves this school! teachers are very stern and headstrong on keeping their students ahead and concentrated on furthering their education. I'm not to fond of the open classrooms but my child is very intelligent and headstrong so starting focused isn't an issue for my child. This school is a great school and the teachers mean business which I like. After reading the other reviews I'm sorry to say that it sounds like excuses for poor parenting. Because my child is learning more then enough.

Posted February 19, 2015
Kennedy is the worst school i have ever seen. My son didn't learn anything, he got suspended for leaving the class room with 4 other students from his class and went out on the playground which their was only 17 in the class at that time and got hurt lost 5 teeth. And the only thing they had to say is they were sorry that he was hurt and didn't care that the teacher wasn't watching her students because she was to worried about her self. For a kendergarden kid all you have to do is get my son working on some thing and he is does it. I blame the school completely. My son had to my move to a different town because the administration wouldn't transfer him. But it was for the best because after he failed at Kennedy he moved to Whitebead he is making A's and B's with more students in his class. So I know its not my child its the school.

Kennedy Elementary School 2

Posted June 16, 2014
I am so glad my kids are out of this district for this school. I do not like the open classrooms. Some of the teachers for first grade are really great teachers and some will not even stay after school to meet with you about your child. There are alot of kids who loves to bully at this school and Im not surprised by where the school is located.

Posted June 17, 2013
I don't like the fact that they have 'open classroom' I think this could be very distracting for the kids.

Kennedy Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2013
I am very disappointed in the prior reviews of the new staff. It is sad to say that your children are likely the ones that ran the old staff off! The staff were not let go they were heading for the exit as soon as the bell rang the last day of school. There were some good teachers that left but many were not worth crying over. My child has attended Kennedy for the past six years and I am very pleased with the improvement. The school needed someone to come clean it up! I'm glad to know my Child is safe not having people in and out all day visiting whenever they please. I was delighted to see new faces this year and see smiles on them. That is something that was lacking for some time. My child has been challenged this year and has learned more in the past few months than with past teaching strategies. I am very pleased with the newly hired teacher my child has this year! The Principal is kind, helpful and is also effective at managing a school. GOOD JOB and THANK YOU for making the school a great place to LEARN!

Posted September 06, 2012
My family and I moved to Norman from western Oklahoma last year. My daughter started third grade here at Kennedy. I have read the other reviews from some parents on this site and I can tell you.....THEY ARE WRONG!!!!!! The teachers at Kennedy are excellent! They challenge and excite the students. They are all very well educated and trained. The administration is forthright and precise. The entire staff, from the janitor all the way up to the principal, is a well oiled machine. Using a perfect balance of discipline and compassion, I have no doubt that they are producing a future generation of great Americans. It would not suprise me at all to see a couple of Presidents or Supreme Court Justices come out of this school. I am pleased beyond measure with the education that my own daughter receives. I also understand that her education is not only up to her teachers, but also her parents. Working together, I know she has a solid future.

Posted September 05, 2012
Change is always hard but I truly believe that all our new staff at Kennedy is going to lead us into the future in a meaningful and successful way. Coming from the curious postion of being both an employee and having children that attend the school I can attest that it is a wonderful school filled with the dedicated and loving staff. Perhaps I'd have more respect for the naysayers if they'd leave their contact information. Kennedy is what YOU make of it. I have been there every day for the last six years in some capacity; as a Thursday folder stuffer, a homeroom mom, as a PTA member, etc. HAVE YOU? It's my honor and priviledge to serve the Kennedy community. Let's all work together and in the very wise words of Ghandi "Be the change you wish to see in the world..."

Posted August 28, 2012
New principal is making this school into a military school and stripping kids of their creativity. They are no longer allowed to make their own decisions, they predetermined for them. The old principal was much better than this dictator. Parents are not allowed to surprise visit their children to see how they are being treated. How do you know if your child is being treated with dignity? If I wanted my children in military school, I'd pay for it. The new teaching staff are just as dronelike and uncaring about the students as the new administrative regime.

Posted August 28, 2012
Parents beware, no creativity or individuality allowed at this school. The principality is a dictatorship, the teachers are hateful and the kids are miserable. The students who need special services are no longer receiving help, there isn't enough need so the kids that need it won't be getting it. Only full day support for learning is for grades 3-5, pk-2 doesn't have a teacher in the building. The poorest children in the district are being taught at an early age not to expect a good education because the school system deems them unworthy because of their economic status. The dictator only cares about her appearance and not the needs of the students or aspirations that the parents have for their offspring. Norman Schools puts the worst, most unwanted teachers at the poorest school in the district and chose the unfriendliest, most repugnant person in the state to rule her new regime. Transfer or homeschool if you can. Shame on Norman schools for doing this to our kids. Instead of friendly, caring teachers we get old hags past their prime to teach our kids.

Kennedy Elementary School
621 Sunrise Street, Norman, OK  73071
Last modified Kennedy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kennedy Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top