Posted August 28, 2013
During the last 3 years this school has gone from good to excellent. Last years 6th grade class was the highest performing 6th greade class in the Norman district. The students are getting a quality and improving education. Care and safety for the students well being is a high priority of the principal and teachers. The building remodle completed last year has taken a building that is over 100 years old and turned it into a modern facility. Both of my children went through Longfellow and got a quality education. Go visit this school if you have any doubts.

Longfellow Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2010
Our son is starting 6th grade at Longfellow, and we have been very impressed already with the lengths they have gone to in helping the children get acclimated to the new environment. We have already been working with both teachers and administrators to insure all of our 6th graders have every advantage so they may be successful both socially and academically. I am frustrated when a school gets termed "ghetto" because of its diversity of students. I went to a "ghetto" middle and high school, and I received a top notch education that garnered scholarships from out-of-state schools - all while preparing me socially to enter the real world.

Longfellow Middle School 3

Posted June 22, 2010
Probably an average middle school but people refer to it as the Norman ghetto middle school. Most of the teachers are wonderful but administration leaves alot to be desired. Lots of low income familes and parents that don't really care which leaves pta without much to work with, Academics are probably above the norm.

Posted April 16, 2008

Posted February 19, 2008

Longfellow Middle School 1

Posted January 28, 2008

Longfellow Middle School 4

Posted April 21, 2007

Posted November 02, 2006
I have twins at this school so I get to experience both cores. My children love this school and the teachers are easy to talk to. How many 8th graders look forward to going to school? This is a great school.

Longfellow Middle School 2

Posted June 29, 2006
The administrators of this school really lack the backbone that it takes to make the school run effectively. The students are running wild without any consequences. Teachers are working hard but they lack the administrative support to make any head way with the student discipline problem that is quickly escalating.

Posted August 25, 2005
My son had Mr. Millican as a teacher last year, and he was wonderful. I was a little sceptical because he was so young, but he was excellent! My son actually likes history now! I would highly recommend him to other parents.

Longfellow Middle School
215 North Ponca Avenue, Norman, OK  73071
Last modified Longfellow Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longfellow Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top