Posted April 14, 2014
I have two children at Monroe for the past five years and could not say enough good things about it. Both of my children require teachers with skill and patience in order to thrive and have found those teachers each and every year. The arts, music and science curriculum is outstanding. The PTA is heavily involved and helps strengthen the school community. Every staff person from the principal to the janitor know and love the children at this school. We love Monroe!

Monroe Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2013
This was a good school, past tense. Monroe and their principal seem more concerned with status quo and appearances then teaching. This is a good place for children to slip through the cracks, especially if your child deviates even slightly from an antiquated norm. The principal is unreceptive to parents concerns on subtle bullying by the teachers and even supports those teachers who actively undermine children. Monroe received a C on their state report card and in my opinion are lucky they did so well. This school should be avoided by anyone who values the education and esteem of their children. http://afreportcards.ok.gov/Files/ReportCards2013/201314I029150.pdf

Posted April 07, 2011
Monroe has outstanding faculty, great parent involvement and excellent enrichment programs, like Manyawi World Music Ensemble. Monroe is part of the A+ Schools network, which means that they invest in teacher training and incorporate lots of arts and hands-on learning experiences to make learning exciting. My kids, who are now in middle school and high school, received a great foundation for success by attending Monroe.

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted April 14, 2007
I could not design a better school for my children. We've been at Monroe for 3 years now, and I am so impressed with every aspect of the school. The teachers are positive and welcoming, the art and music program is fantastic, and the PTA is active and involved in making every program successful. We will be moving out of state this summer, and I am desperately trying to find a Monroe near our new home. Class size is small, and I love the fact that teachers my daughters have never had know their names. The support staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the atmosphere is welcoming and encouraging to parents. You always feel free to visit and have lunch with your child or drop in to a classroom to volunteer. There is also a great mix of kids from all backgrounds. We just love Monroe!

Monroe Elementary School
1601 McGee Drive, Norman, OK  73072
Last modified Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top