Bad
Good

Norman High School 3

Posted August 11, 2015
School is good and few staff members terrible!!!! Today enrolled my freshman and very upset on how I was treated!!! Very discouraging! If I am treated like this as a parent how are you treating my child?!!!!! Didn't have a utility bill but had my lease agreement, I.d. And other bills with current address. Told if I had a problem I can go across the street! This was either the principal or vice principal. Went to get an affidavit to show I live there because the lease with my name on it , wasn't enough. I told the secretary , "My fiancé is overseas and was there any other proof I could show?"She told me "I don't know what to tell you" and left. I don't understand why the staff feels it is okay to talk to parents in this manner!!!

Norman High School 3

Posted June 30, 2014
Overall NHS is a good school. There is a problem with Special Education. There is little support for students with Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities. These students are placed in Special Education classes with students who have learning disabilities when they are disruptive in the general education setting. Administration will not support SpEd teachers when these students become disruptive during class. SpEd teachers are reprimanded for not keeping their classes "in order".

Posted September 17, 2009
My oldest child is now in the midst of a very demanding sophmore year at NHS, but with caring and excellent teachers, she is holding up well and learning lots. Go NHS Tigers!!

Norman High School 1

Posted August 21, 2009
Care only about getting kids 'ready' for college and little about real learning and education. Principal and her staff only understand students they see as 'normal' (which means ones that are like their own children). We will be glad to be done with this school.

Posted May 15, 2009
This is a very good school. One bad thing..hallways are crowded. Security is mediocre, and my son has went there for two years and I have never on one occasion have even been able to speak to a principal. The principals never deal directly with problems.

Norman High School 5

Posted February 08, 2008
I went to highschool there and I absolutely loved it! The teachers help you and guide you more than any other school I have been to - Just try it you'll love it too!

Posted March 08, 2007
This school provides a laundry list of AP and advanced classes, as well as superb AEGIS honors programs. The student body is usually cohesive and spirited, but this sometimes causes problems with the school's cross-town rival, Norman North. Band, orchestra, choir, and other fine arts are well represented, and the students have the opportunity to produce multiple capble television programs. The clubs range from Bike Club to Young Republicans to the Black Student Alliance, so there are many extracurricular pursuits available. On balance, the administration is receptive to parent concerns, but the student body is still working to find a voice. As far as funding and red tape go, NHS is a good example of a quintessentially public school, but not so much so that kids aren't able to prosper. This school consistently churns out National Merit Scholars, Academic All-Staters, and other high achievers.

Posted July 06, 2006
The one thing that stands out is the quality and quanity of courses offered. With budget cuts, most schools are limited to the courses they can offer. So I really feel that is a plus for Norman. As for sports and activities, they are on target. I think most parents are actively involved, but there are few that should get more involved in their students academics and activities. As for the leadership, they are quick to respond and follow policies and procedures.

Posted August 12, 2005
We moved from out of state in the middle of last year. Our daughter, then a freshman, was thrilled with her new school. We have found the faculty and staff to be knowledgeable, professional, and caring. The courses offered are challenging and varied. The entire school embraces and celebrates diversity and has provided our child with an excellent learning environment.

Norman High School 5

Posted August 22, 2003
I'm not a parent. But I was a student at Norman High. I know for some, high school is a traumatic experience. But, I must say that I enjoyed my high school years at Norman High. The community is so involved in the school, & there is a huge level of caring teachers & staff. I'm blessed to have such fond memories.

911 West Main Street, Norman, OK  73069
Last modified Norman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.