Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I only had one instance with my son's spanish teacher but it was resolved and she is not longer at NHS. They respond to concerns and try to help solve the problems.

Amount of homework: Agree

My kids used the library to get their homework done. Very little was brought home.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely. Both of my children were always treated fairly even when the decision was not in their favor.

I had two children graduate from NHS (8 years apart). The difference was incredible. They had different principles and it made a world of difference. Principle Beck is active with his student body and the respect he gives/gets is amazing. My son wishes he graduated with my daughter (2016). The teaching staff is a cut above the rest. NHS is the best high school in Norman.

Norman High is student-centered school that exudes tremendous school spirit while focusing on citizenship, scholarship and integrity.

School is good and few staff members terrible!!!! Today enrolled my freshman and very upset on how I was treated!!! Very discouraging! If I am treated like this as a parent how are you treating my child?!!!!! Didn't have a utility bill but had my lease agreement, I.d. And other bills with current address. Told if I had a problem I can go across the street! This was either the principal or vice principal. Went to get an affidavit to show I live there because the lease with my name on it , wasn't enough. I told the secretary , "My fiancé is overseas and was there any other proof I could show?"She told me "I don't know what to tell you" and left. I don't understand why the staff feels it is okay to talk to parents in this manner!!!

Overall NHS is a good school. There is a problem with Special Education. There is little support for students with Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities. These students are placed in Special Education classes with students who have learning disabilities when they are disruptive in the general education setting. Administration will not support SpEd teachers when these students become disruptive during class. SpEd teachers are reprimanded for not keeping their classes "in order".

My oldest child is now in the midst of a very demanding sophmore year at NHS, but with caring and excellent teachers, she is holding up well and learning lots. Go NHS Tigers!!

Care only about getting kids 'ready' for college and little about real learning and education. Principal and her staff only understand students they see as 'normal' (which means ones that are like their own children). We will be glad to be done with this school.

This is a very good school. One bad thing..hallways are crowded. Security is mediocre, and my son has went there for two years and I have never on one occasion have even been able to speak to a principal. The principals never deal directly with problems.

Last modified Norman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.