Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 28, 2016
Dr. Beck has been a role model for my daughter and we have enjoyed the short time we have had with him. He is wonderful with his student body, is genuine and it shows. He should be very proud of what he has accomplished at NHS and what he will accomplish in the future. It should be exciting.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 28, 2016
I only had one instance with my son's spanish teacher but it was resolved and she is not longer at NHS. They respond to concerns and try to help solve the problems.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 28, 2016
My kids used the library to get their homework done. Very little was brought home.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 28, 2016
The school supports all of its students and try's to bring out the best in all of them. They have to want to be pushed to succeed.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 28, 2016
Yes but respect is a two way street and there are a lot of children/students that are just awful people. The school can only do so much.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 28, 2016
They try to teach compassion etc, but when they are not treated that way at home it is difficult to change them once they hit high school. The effort is made.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 28, 2016
Absolutely. Both of my children were always treated fairly even when the decision was not in their favor.

Norman High School 5

Posted June 28, 2016
I had two children graduate from NHS (8 years apart). The difference was incredible. They had different principles and it made a world of difference. Principle Beck is active with his student body and the respect he gives/gets is amazing. My son wishes he graduated with my daughter (2016). The teaching staff is a cut above the rest. NHS is the best high school in Norman.

Norman High School 5

Posted May 10, 2016
Norman High is student-centered school that exudes tremendous school spirit while focusing on citizenship, scholarship and integrity.

Norman High School 3

Posted August 11, 2015
School is good and few staff members terrible!!!! Today enrolled my freshman and very upset on how I was treated!!! Very discouraging! If I am treated like this as a parent how are you treating my child?!!!!! Didn't have a utility bill but had my lease agreement, I.d. And other bills with current address. Told if I had a problem I can go across the street! This was either the principal or vice principal. Went to get an affidavit to show I live there because the lease with my name on it , wasn't enough. I told the secretary , "My fiancé is overseas and was there any other proof I could show?"She told me "I don't know what to tell you" and left. I don't understand why the staff feels it is okay to talk to parents in this manner!!!

911 West Main Street, Norman, OK  73069
Last modified Norman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.