Posted September 17, 2014
My Granddaughter loves this School she is now a 2nd grader and has attend Wilson since kindergarten. I really just wish when you walk in to the School you see more teachers smiling and at least speak and say hi to the parents as they bring their child to School. But other than that it is a awesome School. Oh! And we have a great PTA group here at Wilson.

Posted May 24, 2014
This school has a wonderful principal and caring teachers. They do great things academically for kids, and have a wonderful music program.

Posted May 24, 2014
Wilson has grown leaps and bounds the past few years. Great teachers, an active PTA, and a positive environment!

Posted October 10, 2013
Wilson Elementary is the absolute best school in Norman. Wilson strives everyday to make sure each and every student has what they need to become successful. Wilson offers skilled computer time from week one of Pre-K. The staff at Wilson do not take their responsibility's lightly, they are at work early to become prepared for the day. they smile and greet children by their names. I absolutely love Wilson's strive for the future in their everyday activities. This school is a role for Elementary education across the country.

Posted May 16, 2013
My school is excellent. It has a caring Principal, counselor, and teachers. All classes are small in number.

Posted January 08, 2012
Great school. The smallest classroom sizes in Norman. The teachers care. The music teacher does a wonderful job with school activities such as talent shows and plays on each grade level. The school is also very connected to the surrounding community and kids can often be seen walking on field trips to the library, park, fire station, etc. My kids have done great here, and I would recommend Wilson to others.

Wilson Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2011
My child does great at this school, and I have and a very positive experience with the teachers. The school work they do seems more advanced than other public schools in town, which I have mixed feelings about. A lot is expected of these kids, especially in Kindergarten as a previous person mentioned. A good deal of creative experiences such as school plays, and community expeditions. The small classroom size is great, and every teacher there knows your child's name, which I think is amazing. The school itself however does not do a lot to get parents involved, and seems to assume that all families are living in poverty and therefore cannot participate in school functions, etc., and therefore they do not have them. The school needs to find a way to reach out more and assume that parents do want to be involved and active in the school to keep from losing great students and expand parent interactions as a whole. There are schools nearby that have a high rate of children in poverty, but seem to do this better. Parents do want to be involved and can make a difference in this school!

Wilson Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2011
Not happy with this school. My experience was also negative. My child spent 3 years here and did not progress. Recently moved to another state and my child has really started to do well. Really has a positive outlook on school now, where before he had a very negative feeling towards school. The difference between this school and the new school is simply the teachers seem more organized, consistent, and there is more parent/teacher communication. It is hard as a parent to help your child from home when you simply do not know what they are studying in class. There were weeks that would go by with out my child bringing home any form of homework or graded papers. Not consistent. Needs to be more involved with parents instead of taking the "OH WELL THE PARENT PROBABLY DOESNT CARE" attitude.

Wilson Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2010
My child attends Wilson on a transfer from another Norman Public school. I have had nothing but a negative experience with this school. Burnt out teachers, unorganized, unfriendly staff. Complete waste.

Posted May 31, 2010
My daughter attended half a semester of Kindergarten at this school and it was definetly beneficial to her. At her previous school she was learning how to color, when she moved to Wilson she learned how to write sentences, read, write on lined paper, and numerous amount of other things. Both the kindergarten teachers are Awesome! If someone was to ask which school to attend in Norman, this would be the one. I'm sad to say that we had to leave due to a job transfer. My daughter was so upset and will greatly miss this school and I have found myself comparing all the schools in our new town to this one and I'm having a hard time finding the perfect one. WE LOVED WILSON!!

Wilson Elementary School
800 North Peters Avenue, Norman, OK  73069
Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top