Norman, OK
Students enrolled: 2,227

Posted July 21, 2011
I graduated with the NNHS class of 2008, and I'm now an "A" Sr at The University of Oklahoma, taking a double major in Film/Video Studies and American History. I could never say enough great things about this school. I credit the faculty and staff for my success at OU, as well as my confidence to, pardon the cliche, "spread my wings and fly." The teachers, save for a rare few, are interested and play an active part in your child's education. The AP classes offers students a chance to challenge themselves, the Speech and Drama Department provide excellent skill building opportunities, the Athletics Department is becoming known across the state (T-WHAT?!), and the list goes on. Also, of course, I have to mention that Norman North High School has been named a "Blue Ribbon School" by the U.S. Department of Education? I am who I am today because of my time at Norman North. It's an excellent school.

Norman North High School 3

Posted January 15, 2011
As a parent of a child who is a B+ average student, NNHS is strictly a C+ average school from an academic point of view. It's a large school with over 2100 kids from grade 9-12 and the quality of introductory math & science courses are very dependent upon the teacher. Many of these teachers have many kids to teach and must ensure that the child passes the End of Instruction (EOI) exam mandated by state law. In the process of doing so, the child learns how to do well in standardized testing because all class tests are multiple choice, which has value for the SAT & ACT, but it is questionable if the student actually learns the material where they can think independently and apply what they've learned for more advanced courses in math & science. There are many intelligent kids at NNHS, but they do well not because of NNHS instruction, rather it is because they study the subject outside of school. The counselors are of little help since the only way a student can get attention is to be in trouble or is a National Merit Scholar candidate. Good, hard working and honest students will be short changed in their education and not be ready for college.

Posted December 15, 2009

Posted September 21, 2009

Posted September 16, 2009
Norman North High School is known for fostering academic excellence and it has one of the most outstanding orchestra programs in the state. All three of my children have attended there (I have one child still there) and the school is just fabulous!

Posted September 16, 2009

Norman North High School 4

Posted September 03, 2009

Norman North High School 0

Posted May 20, 2009
I am pleased with the education my child is receiving at Norman North High School. As with any school, there are a few teachers who seem to not be there for their students.

Posted September 16, 2008
Extremely happy with most of the faculty. I am impressed with their dedication to my kids education. I do wish they had a better system new and transfer students into the district. We moved from IL and my son had a diffuicult time in the beginning of his first year there.

Posted September 16, 2008
My son excelled. He had many classes that challenged and kept him motivated. He can get bored easily. He liked his stats, media and pre-engeneering teachers. They challenged him.

Norman North High School
1809 Stubbeman Avenue, Norman, OK  73069
Last modified Norman North High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norman North High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top