Norman, OK
Students enrolled: 2,227

Posted July 21, 2011
I graduated with the NNHS class of 2008, and I'm now an "A" Sr at The University of Oklahoma, taking a double major in Film/Video Studies and American History. I could never say enough great things about this school. I credit the faculty and staff for my success at OU, as well as my confidence to, pardon the cliche, "spread my wings and fly." The teachers, save for a rare few, are interested and play an active part in your child's education. The AP classes offers students a chance to challenge themselves, the Speech and Drama Department provide excellent skill building opportunities, the Athletics Department is becoming known across the state (T-WHAT?!), and the list goes on. Also, of course, I have to mention that Norman North High School has been named a "Blue Ribbon School" by the U.S. Department of Education? I am who I am today because of my time at Norman North. It's an excellent school.

Norman North High School 3

Posted January 15, 2011
As a parent of a child who is a B+ average student, NNHS is strictly a C+ average school from an academic point of view. It's a large school with over 2100 kids from grade 9-12 and the quality of introductory math & science courses are very dependent upon the teacher. Many of these teachers have many kids to teach and must ensure that the child passes the End of Instruction (EOI) exam mandated by state law. In the process of doing so, the child learns how to do well in standardized testing because all class tests are multiple choice, which has value for the SAT & ACT, but it is questionable if the student actually learns the material where they can think independently and apply what they've learned for more advanced courses in math & science. There are many intelligent kids at NNHS, but they do well not because of NNHS instruction, rather it is because they study the subject outside of school. The counselors are of little help since the only way a student can get attention is to be in trouble or is a National Merit Scholar candidate. Good, hard working and honest students will be short changed in their education and not be ready for college.

Posted September 16, 2009
Norman North High School is known for fostering academic excellence and it has one of the most outstanding orchestra programs in the state. All three of my children have attended there (I have one child still there) and the school is just fabulous!

Norman North High School

Posted May 20, 2009
I am pleased with the education my child is receiving at Norman North High School. As with any school, there are a few teachers who seem to not be there for their students.

Posted September 16, 2008
Extremely happy with most of the faculty. I am impressed with their dedication to my kids education. I do wish they had a better system new and transfer students into the district. We moved from IL and my son had a diffuicult time in the beginning of his first year there.

Posted September 16, 2008
My son excelled. He had many classes that challenged and kept him motivated. He can get bored easily. He liked his stats, media and pre-engeneering teachers. They challenged him.

Posted August 17, 2008
This school is amazing. Yes, it may be big, but the teachers are wonderful and there is a fantastic ballance of education and sports. If you want a good high school, I highly recommend it.

Posted October 29, 2007
My step-daughter moved here from China over a year ago and began attending Norman North as a scond semester freshman. She has adjusted remarkably well due to their Linguistics program that helps students more quickly master the language and cultural barriers. Her mother and I are very happy with the teachers we have met and our daughter has improved her grades every semester and always has only good things to say about her classes. Norman being largely a university town values education and the community is very supportive of all their schools.

Norman North High School 2

Posted May 21, 2007
Just like everywhere very few good teachers, that are willing to go beyond what's expected to help kids. Do not send kids to N.N. for that sport. Sports are not a very big item at this school.

Posted January 02, 2007
I am attending Norman North right now. It is my sophomore year, as well as my second year at North. I absolutely love it here! I would not want to go to any other high school. The school spirit is amazing! The teachers are wonderful and I know I will have a successful life and will owe a lot of thanks to North for it. Parents on here complaining about kids hanging out with the wrong crowd, how is that norths fault? Its not. And as for adults on campus, I know i have never seen one that didn't belong. Go TWolves!

Norman North High School
1809 Stubbeman Avenue, Norman, OK  73069
Last modified Norman North High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norman North High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top