Truman Elementary School 5

Posted August 21, 2011
Nothing but great things to say about Truman Elementary. All the teachers we have had have been involved and caring. Fabulous PTA involvement. And now that the school is divided into two buildings, the parking issues have been significantly reduced.

Truman Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2011
I was a former student who went here from Pre-K to 1st grade and, despite the good ratings, I never fit in to the school that much. The staff did all they could to help me, and I didn't really clique with any of them except the secretary, PE teacher and aide, and Speech Therapist. Currently, I go to an accredited Christian school and it is far better for me. I understand myself more, get better grades, and the staff and student body are good friends. I am sad I didn't get to experience Truman like that personally. My deceased brother had a better experience, and excelled more than I did. I was proud of him and his accomplishments at Truman.

Truman Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2009
Great teachers. The school location is not good at all. If you want to pick up your kid, prepare yourself forTraffic Jam and irresponsible parents drivers.

Truman Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2007
Overall great school. The environment is conducive for learning and the staff care about the students. I do have a concern with the mathematics curriculum being used in the Norman Public Schools. Everyday Mathematics falls short of traditional math programs. There is no textbook for the student, rather a consumable workbook. Traditional drill until mastery is replaced with a spiral method whereby the students see one or two problems and then move on to another topic, only to 'spiral' back to the topics at a later date. Additionally, many of the accepted algorithms for multiplying and dividing are replaced by less efficient algorithms that only work in certain instances. Fortunately, I've been able to circumvent this curriculum by supplementing it with additional work at home for my son. While Truman is a great school, I'd caution any parent to understand the math curriculum leaves a lot to be desired.

Truman Elementary School 5

Posted February 22, 2006
Outstanding place to learn! The teachers really take the time to get to know each student and parent. They want parental involvement and I believe that having parents there to help out makes for a better school. At Truman, the emphasis is on the kids. You'll be glad your kids are at this school.

Truman Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2004
Regarding the individual who rated the school on april 2003: doesn't the fact that your daughter was so far behind tell you something about truman and the distinct honor for the state of oklahoma as the worst state in the union for education? Congrats!

Truman Elementary School
600 Parkside Road, Norman, OK  73072
Last modified Truman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Truman Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top