No rating

Community Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 665 students

Living in Norman

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $171,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Posted August 21, 2014

*has attended....not had. So sorry for the typo and for not proofreading my work before submitting.

Posted February 16, 2014

After 3 years of my son being bullied and constant communication with the Noble school district and school vice principal, principal and numerous others, I moved my son to CCS. It was remarkable to see his not wanting to be in school change to wanting to be in school. He is way behind and the school is working with him daily to get him back up to speed. This is a remarkable school. I have referred 2 of my personal friends. Which one of them enrolled her children there and is having the same success. Best of the best

Posted December 6, 2013

I attend this school, and I've been here since 2nd grade and I am in 10th grade now! At the beginning it was my parents making me go here but then they hog ace me to opportunity to go to westmoore or southmoore! I chose to stay here, I will graduate from here this school has taught me so much and love the teachers... The teachers are very stern but they will teach you so much!! I would ignore all the bad reviews due to the fact there are always those parents that don't care about there children's future or don't know what's right

Posted September 13, 2013

I do not recommend this school. My son has a peanut allergy, which I specifically informed the school of...yet, they gave him peanut butter. These people are NOT Christians. They do not keep children safe. The Principal and Teacher took no responsibility nor offered a solution to prevent this in the future. If you're happy with snotty stay-at-home mom types, who don't use correct grammar, and have no educational qualifications, then this is the school for you! Oh, and the place looks like a dungeon, with the saddest, most socially awkward children you'll ever see.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 13, 2013

My grandson attended this school. After three weeks the teacher expelled him. They said he is academically ready, but he whines too much. They charged for a full month of tuition and did not return all of the fees. They gave one day of notice and it was difficult to find a new (but better) school and daycare program. The teacher sent grammatically incorrect e-mails to report his progress. Bottom line: I do NOT recommend this to anyone. The teachers would not meet the certifications for public school so please don't waste your money!!

Posted March 22, 2012

I moved my child here after a bad experience with her last school. Excellent structure and very well run. My daughter is hard at work to catch up because of the poor studies at the old school. Very impressed and happy about the move thus far.

Posted July 16, 2011

If you desire you child to know the word and to have a biblical based education along with respect for authority, then this is your school. If you desire you child to excel in school and to be a hard worker and be academically driven then this is your school. If you are a a sensitive parent and have attacks every time your child is reprimanded or have problems with other people disciplining your child (does not included spanking) then this is not your school. If you want your kid to be the center of attention and be and for them to have special treatment this is not your school. My two kids have been attending here for four years and they love it ... you have to know that they are strict but always for the benefit of your child. You can't be over protective ... just let them do there job .... this is not a school for parents who baby there children.

Posted July 29, 2010

Definitely not worth it. Both teachers and staff show no real genuine interest in the students. The teachers are very old with no real energy for the kids, plus the student teacher ratio is way too much, 25:1. How can 1 teacher handle 25 preschoolers?? They are very expensive and do not povide the appropriate care and attention for the children.

Posted May 3, 2010

My kid go here and I am shocked with the contrast in great and awful teachers. It's like night and day. the difference in education,professionalism,genuine loving teacher care that teachers show toward kid. My daughter had one awesome teacher out of the four years she has been there the others shouldn't have been even teaching they had anger, and patience issues. This school needs to screen teacher not for age or time of service but for heart along with education some teachers are just taking up space without really genuinely caring for the student .It like gambling at this school you never know if your kid will have to suffer with one of their horrible teachers or if maybe they will get a gifted one.

Posted April 7, 2010

My youngest son graduated from CCS. He attended there 10th thru 12th grade and he absolutely loved it! So glad that we made this choice...the faculty and staff are just like family! I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Posted November 24, 2009

I tend to be a critical person, but I really love CCS. I currently have a pre-k and a 2nd grader attending CCS. (The 2nd grader has been attending CCS for 2.5 years. ) With CCS, we reap the benefits of caring Christian teachers, high academic expectations, structured and disciplined environment, well-behaved peers, and strong encouragement on parental involvement . Considering all we receive, the tangible and intangible, the tuition is a great value. T.W.

Posted July 15, 2009

I have had two daughters graduate from CCS and the third will graduate this year. CCS is like our family. It is more than just school. The staff cares about the kids, loves them, and seeks the best for them. I wouldn't have my family anywhere else.

Posted September 14, 2008

Both my boys will graduate from CCS. We have been very pleased. I have two excellent young men. They are both very intelligent. They are a pleasure to be around. I'm glad we made the investment. it has paid off academically, socially and in their character. My boys will make a positive contribution to te community.

Posted November 15, 2007

This school has beautiful bathrooms with elegant uniforms.

Posted April 13, 2007

My daughter has been attending CCS since 4th grade and is now finishing her 8th grade year. Academically the school is very sound. Each year the graduates receive thousands of dollars in scholarships to colleges based on their ACT and SAT scores. You can see this information on their website, www.communitychristianschool.com. Athletically, the volleyball and basketball prgrams are top notch. There is also band, football (8 man), baseball, softball (slow pitch), cheerleading, and golf. Soon they will be adding track and fast pitch softball. In addition, the students participate in state contests such as the spelling B and math olympics. I love the teachers and the Christ centered education. My only issue with the school is the strict dress code, but I consider this minor compared to what my daughter is getting academically and athletically at the school.

Posted March 24, 2006

My daughter has been at CCS since K4 and she is now a 4th grader. CCS pushes the children hard and some parents, especially of younger children believe they are pushed too hard. But I can guarantee you that the children are succeeding and are gifted academically because of the challenge CCS presents to them. My daughter reads and does math at a college level at 10 years old! She is also safe, secure, protected, and is receiving an excellent Christian education which is of the utmost importance. CCS is strict with dress code and discipline but I believe that only adds to my daughter's overall growth, maturity, and morals.

Posted October 17, 2005

My daughter has attended CCS for 2 years now. 1st and 2nd grade. I believe it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The teachers are warm and wise. Mrs. O, the principal, is tough. But I really believe that she only has the best interests of my daughter at heart. the children are expected to do a lot and be responisible and accountable for a lot.... but I really believe it works. You'll here the word obediance but you will also hear many, many...words of praise and be proud of what and how much your child is learning.

Posted October 9, 2004

I have a Senior and an 8th grader. It is the only school they have ever attended. I believe the school has helped mold my children into wonderful young men. It has been a very good investment. However, I feel they are a touch to strict with many of their rules. Still I feel it is the best school for them. I know they will both graduate from CCS.

Posted September 8, 2004

I have had two children in the K4 program and found it to be more than wonderful. I now have a 4th grader. She loves school, her teachers and is reading 10th grade level. The school is very structured but is not too rigid or strict. Both of my children have loved every teacher thay have had. My only complaint is the lack of parking! I have nothing but wonderful things to report on CCS!

Posted August 9, 2004

I had my 4 year old in the pre-k 4 class for 3 weeks, and found that is was to rigid and strict. There was only 1 teacher handling 24 (4 year olds). I am sure the school is great for older children, but I do not recommend it for there lower level classes.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACTS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3002 Broce Drive