No rating

Blue Eagle Christian Academy

Private | PK-5

Living in Norman

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $710.

Posted February 27, 2012

The students might be a lot smarter if half of the attention paid to disipline and ancient myths was applied to teaching. The "building" is nothing but a glorified trailer next to onf the shadiest hotels in norman. There are no rooms,just cheap chalkboards dividing grades k-12. My daughter attended this "school" as the only person in her grade. She wa sent as punishment but I didn't realize at the time that her grades and learnig potential would suffer as much as she did.To this day I cannot figure out how a school can get away with teaching fairy tales for science and prepare students for little more than being a housewife, sunday school teacher or worse- a teacher at blue eagle.

Posted July 8, 2011

I attended Blue Eagle for 13 years (K to 12th grade). It is truly an excellent school where the staff actually cares for all the children. The principle and teaches prays for each and every kid. Since the school is small, it allowed the teachers to work more one on one with the students giving us the best experience possible. The school doesn t look like the typical school, however the children education is the focus. This is a wonderful school. So if you re looking for a school that will care about your children and their education enroll them here.

Posted June 29, 2011

All three of my children attended Blue Eagle. Each of them has a very successful career and a great love for the Lord. I am thankfully God led me to this school. The teachers and staff love and pray for the students. They are always willing to go the extra mile to help the children.

Posted June 12, 2011

Blue Eagle has an excellent academic program for students of many different levels. The small classrooms allow teachers to work one on one and help each child reach their potential. We may be old fashioned to some, but those values are still important today. Students are expected to be responsible and accountable in school so that they can grow up to be the same in their workplace.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 4, 2009

My two kids started school here in the 07 -08 school year and we love it. The teachers & principal really cares about the students and their families. There has been a huge improvment in my children's academic abilities and their self-confidence. When we toured the school for the first time my oldest commented how everyone, students and teachers both, looked him in the face and smiled at him. Yes it is a very small school, but that is what we like about it. My youngest will be starting pre-k next year and my niece is enrolled this year also! We love this school!

Posted May 13, 2009

We send our three kids to Blue Eagle because of the family atmosphere and individual attention our kids receive. Plus, the academics and moral values taught at Blue Eagle are of the highest quality. The tuition is low; instead, we work hard to raise money for basic expenses. Some other information, pros and cons: The disciplinary system is authoritarian; children learn there are consequences for their actions. Corporal punishment requires parental permission; time-outs and alternative punishments are used first. The physical layout seems messy: an open floor plan divided into classrooms; area looking cluttered-- many with stacks of material donations. Teachers don't have to be certified/etc., but do undergo a thorough screening. The school is not well-funded. Teachers' low salaries mean that only the dedicated stay more than a 1-2 years. Blue Eagle's teachers and staff may lack that certain veneer of superficial professionalism, but noone cares more about my kids.

Posted March 31, 2008

Great Education, Poor Leadership, Poor Interpersonal Skills Among Staff and Students

Posted March 11, 2008

My son started at Blue Eagle Christian Academy when he was 3 years old and stayed through the first grade. The only reason he is no longer there is that we moved to the city. When he entered public school he could have skipped a grade due to the high level and quality of the education he received there. The teachers are very caring and small size of the school lends a family like qwuality. As soon as my daughter is 3 I will be taking here here, even though it is a half hour drive one way.

Posted August 26, 2007

Please do not send your child to this school! I took my child out after one semester. I taught there and saw first hand that it is an unacceptable environment for children. There is a very strong emphasis on punishment for breaking rules. There is tremendous turnover of teachers/staff. I expected more from a Christian school and will look elsewhere.

Posted April 26, 2005

This school is great. My sons are in K4 & K5 and are both learning at an amazing rate. They are also learning in a disciplined environment where I don't have to worry about their safety. The teachers are there because they love kids and teching in this environment. I highly recommend this school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 25% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2404 Classen Boulevard