Posted December 16, 2014
The middle school is the worse part of Little Axe. They do not use active learning, or inspire the childern to think deeply. We have seen a big portion of support go to the sports and cosmetic appearance , and a very limit amout put in academics especially in the special education. I have had one of the Lap teachers break down in tears telling me she has had to make copy of learning material out her pocket. as well as reveal they are the last to get computers and laptops for the childern to use. Little Axe is a read out of book school, with limited thinking and learning.

Posted December 11, 2014
Little Axe Middle School is a great place to send your student. There is a fair discipline system in place and all students are treated with respect. The teachers go out of their way to help students and even give up their own lunch time to tutor. Each year, for the last 5 or 6 years, the school has shown improvement with the state department ratings. There is a nice family atmosphere about this school and I would recommend over most schools in the local area.

Posted August 05, 2013
I have two kids in this school. Both are honer roll. School is very important to me.I want my kids to have a better education than I had and little axe is giving it .these teachers are great. Thay are there to help the kids when thay have problems with classes and will let you know when you're kids are having problems. My kids don't play any sports and are still doing great. I love little axe schools. I can't wait for the new mid school to open this year.

Posted March 30, 2010
I have had 2 children in this school district and feel that they could have learned more in home school if you don't play football you are not seen or heard, there is no programs for children that are not sports oriented . The school is ran down and the guidence system is absolutely horrible .

Posted October 26, 2009

Posted March 31, 2009
Children at Little Axe school are in great hands. I have never received so much help in the academic field with all of my children. The resources at Little Axe are there, you just need to ask what is your choices. As a parent, I find it necessary to access the online grades, e-mailing the teachers, calling when necessary, and just keeping in touch with all the teachers. I have children in High school, Middle school, and the elementary which I find it necessary as a parent to follow the direction your children are heading. Do not leave it up to the school or your child when it takes all three!

Posted March 13, 2009
As a parent of children in Little Axe I must say these others have it dead wrong. After being in other districts there is not a better place for your child. The staff will bend over backwards to help if the parents are willing to work with them.

Posted April 02, 2008

Little Axe Middle School 2

Posted May 20, 2006
I would like to take a minute to reply to the first review. First of all, the school is in need of a complete overhaul! Not just at the middle school level, but district wide. AND change absoluetly must start from the top. I do feel it is only right to make sure that two things are corrected in the review. First, there is not an alternate class in the evening that Middle School students can take to pass their classes. It is only offered in the highschool and is usually set aside for students who are not capable of maintaining a passing average due to behavior. Second, parents can access their students grades online at any time from home or where ever they have an internet connection.

Posted April 29, 2006
I have 3 kids in this school district. We have been here 3 yrs. The elementary is ok but the middle school is not. My son was failing and was not offered summer school. Then I found out that there was an alternative class he could have been taking after school to help him with his academic progress and didn't find out until 6 weeks before school lets out. The principal nor the counselor contacts parents if your child is failing. In my opinion someone needs to come in to this school district and turn things around starting with the principals.

Little Axe Middle School
2000 168th Avenue Northeast, Norman, OK  73026
Last modified Little Axe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Little Axe Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top